I've been on venoflaxine for over 10 yrs - i take 225g a day I WANT RID

Posted , 4 users are following.

If i miss a dose i get like electric shocks thru my body - can i just stop taking it would it harm me if i just STOPPED taking them ? xxxxxx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Yes jaspar .... You will be very ill ... If you want to come off the medication consult your doctor first and they will give you the best plan .... There is no point in us people on here giving out that kind of advice .... Doctors know best x
    • Posted

I know you are right ofcourse its just i read so much badness about venoflaxine its never stopped me trying to take my life , i'm married now and have a script as long as my arm

venoflaxine 225

diazepam 15 mg a day

zoplicone 10 mg a night

pregabline 600mg aday

​i just urghhh the truth is is my husband in the other room is asleep rattling off bupermorphine ( i cant spell that ) I need to be strong for him but i feel myt script runs my life Richard , if that makes sense , but you are right i have mentioned to the doctor about coming down and he agrees i am on far too much medication , i'm running scared from the doctor after seeing how disgustingly LIFE LINE have treat my husband ,  just having one of those days sorry sad xxxxxxxx

• Posted

PS , my name is Anna i always use my dogs name on things for some reason xxxx

• Posted

am on venlafaxine 300mg and i could not do with out mine ... They do take anxiety away .... I have tried evety drug for anxiety and the only one that takes it away completly is valium but they wont give me them .... And takin your own life will not help you in any way hun ... We have a life to live hun you dont want to be thinking like that x x
    • Posted

ooh totally wow thats a big dose i thought 225 was the maximum , i would never try to take my life now i love my husband to pieces we have two rotties and 3 cats , mostly i'm disgusted how theyve treated my husband LIFE LINE , see i get the dazzy but my husband needs them more than me , i'm prescribed them because i get neuralga and lock jaw cos i was stupid and let a dentist chuck a load of implants in , and apparently i have a small mouth so they dislocate my jaw to put them in ( you wouldnt think i had a small mouth if you met me to talk to lol i'm quite loud - a bit deaf you see so i tend to shout at people to makre them shout back its a childhood thing , some people cant take it lol , i thank you so much for replying so much you feel alone in your own head and i just think is it my head or is it the tablets that make up my person and personality xxxxx <3

>

>

• Posted

to be fair my biggest demon is drink but its not the 2 litres of vodka aday and ive had 10 yrs counselling i can go a day without a drink but i'm usually medded up if i do - scares me does alcohol xxxx

• Posted

and you are so right with the valium , but they just wont prescribe benzos now i'm on 15mg aday but they never get taken like that , if i have to go out i'll take them xx

• Posted

wish my camera was working lee on the bed two rotties surrounding him they are very clever dogs they pick up on everything xx
    • Posted

Oh ann ... I aint drank now for 2 years ... Drink takes away anxiety ... So i ended up on 2 bottles of vodka a day and had to be detoxed at home .. I stayed off it for 3 months then jist started drinkin on a weekend ... But that led to every day again and 2 years ago i ended up on 21 bottles of kronanbourg a day ... I had to actually go into rehab to be detoxed on valium for 1 week and i aint drank since .... Its just not worth it .... So even if my anxiety gets so bad thst i cant move i still do not turn to a bottle ... I turn to my mertazipine which relax me x
    • Posted

ooh my lord  you are my mirror , i was detoxed at home then they decided i was ok and didnt let me have any more councelling i was back on the drink in days , no support xxx yes i like the mertazipine but they only work if i take one every 3 days , my husband is awake now , and terrified he has been on methadone / subby for 10 yr + another 9 , and he went to life line and for no reason they put him back on site and its a very small village the chemist is tiny imagine having to go in under the tongue supervised at 39 yr old so he has fecked it off and is rattling and scared , we have enough meds in the house to hold him , he doesnt even remember going to bed at 11am for 5 hours , i just sdont know where to start to help bar i kn0ow benzos aqnd what ive read of bupermorphine - its a pain killer so i'm working that way with him , thing is he was sniffing it , he will be fine ,  he just doesnt know it yet xxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

sorry typos need to put the light on and lok when i' m typing xx

• Posted

That's the problem doctors do NOT know best! They were the ones that put us on this poison in the first place!
    • Posted

So well said Kaye , my script is ridiculous - its like theyve made us into drug addicts legally - its scary xxxxxxx
  • Posted

OMG Anna! If you get brain zaps when you're late or miss a dose, imagine if you just stopped completely!

Personal experience of withdrawal from venlafaxine is hell!!! Please get help with tapering very very slowly, my GP done it over a couple of weeks and now I've got anxiety on top of depression and the depression is even worse than before! After researching, it should have been done over months, reducing a little at a time. I've since been put on mirtazapine and seeing a psychiatrist who has suggested adding another medication on top of that!

Please don't just stop, get help 😉

Xx

• Posted

ooh Belinda my heart goes out to you , i've read on stopping venoflax and they go on about taking a few balls out the capsule , so tiny reduce at a time , does my head in that its running my head , bless you i feel for you so much i have social anxiety , and panick attacks , things is when you sit down in your head you can pin point what set it all off its just how to control and mend it , you are a beautiful wonderful person , unique like no other and you count qas a person you musnt feel so bad , i feel so much for you , i so hope you get the right meds and help you need xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    • Posted

I know it's easier said than done, but all the caring things you've said, are the same for you, so take good care of yourself and take your time with the venlafaxine 😉

To think I wanted to give you advice and it's you that has made me feel cared about instead! 😳 How did you do that? Ha ha xxx

• Posted

ummmm i dunno ive done all the councelling 10 yrs i picked a few helpful bits out ,  its easier to help others than yourself Belinda xxxxxxx
    • Posted

So true! I was thriving when I worked in dementia care, maybe I'll get to go back one day 😉 Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.