I've been recently diagnosed with SLE but I'm worried about my future please...

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi!

I've been recently diagnosed with lupus however I have been experiencing symptoms ever since the beginning of high school. Now that I know that I have this... I'd like some answers from people who have been through college and actually was able to complete it and what degree were you able to complete? I'm halfway through my biology degree but because i'd be constantly sleeping i'd slack off in my studies and I thought I was just lazy so my grades aren't the best... however, now that I know what this is and everything has been puzzled together I don't know how I could tackle everything I am really being in all my studies... Just this year I've been going to school extremely tired (even after a full 6-8 hours of sleep and with coffee) and still sleep in my car and miss all of my classes...I mean organic chemistry alone is a struggle... along with my calculus II other classes... was anyone able to finish such a difficult degree that required many hours of studying... i'd like to take the easier road and just change my degree to something I know i'd be able to handle but I think i'd also be a doctor in the future...I just don't want to regret becoming something knowing it would be possible for me to push myself for more like others did. Is it a possibility with the fatigue and headaches? Thank you for reading my post...

-abby

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I truly feel sorry for you and I mean it, however, my sister in law receive a kind of Chemotherapy once a month. There is signs that this situation is busy clearing up, meaning there is a improvement. The progress unfortunately is very slow. but discuss this kind of treatment with your Doctor, but in meanwhile use a combination of Turmeric and cinnamon with  honey. i/4 teaspoon of turmeric and cinnamon with a teaspoon of honey, in the morning before breakfast. Don't skip your breakfasts at all.

• Posted

I take turmeric in a capsule as its a much stronger dose,which is what you need to get the benifits,shop around for the higher %  of curcumin.black pepper needs to to be on there as it helps the  body to digest it.good luck,I found a great improvement after taking this.
  • Posted

Hi there,

I completely understand what you are going through. Have you communicated your fatigue to your doctor. SLE is not something that can't be dealt with. I was 16 when i was diagnosed. I went to London on my own after high school and now i am a full time working professional. So hang in there. Communication is the key and checking your condition through frequent blood tests is essential.

• Posted

Abby, I want to start by encouraging you not to give up your dream, whatever that may be. If that's a doctor, put everything you have into studying for med school. If you want to be a business woman, don't give up your drive to do that. Lupus is not a death sentence, and it certainly should not be given the power to alter one's life after having dreamt about something for so long. Yes, becoming a doctor may take you longer than it would take someone else, but that's part of the battle that I've learned to accept with this disease.

I'm determined that my blood, sweat, and tears of OCD perfectionism during middle school, Jr high, high school, and college weren't in vain, lol. Med school IS worth it. So my opinion? Stick with your major... you can absolutely do it. Take your time. Do it at a pace YOU are comfortable with. Don't give up on your dreams. Do what makes YOU happy. No matter what, you have so much value!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.