I’ve been scared for 6 weeks not knowing what this is. PLZ HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

My name is Sett. I'm 16 years old. I masterbathe quite a lot. When I saw this I ignored and went about my day to masterbathe. Unti i noticed it got bigger. I tried creams like clortizone,anti fungal creams. One cream partically got rid of but it has come back. Also, it has appeared onto my testicles. Today I could not stand the urge to scratch and rub it. Also it would become itchy at night.imageimage

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Stop using any and ALL creams, this will most likely cause further skin irritation, particularly when you are masturbating on a regular basis.

I cannot make out any of the detail in photo 1 - it would be best if you took the same photo slightly closer but in bright daylight such as to the side of a window where there is clear daylight where you cannot be noticed.

It is possible you have a mixture of things going on, such as natural development to your penis following the onset of sexual maturation - but you may also have a contagious condition known as Molluscum contagiosum - if you have not had sexual contact with anyone, such as rubbing their genitals then rubbing your own it is possible to get this from sharing a towel with other people where you live.

Try to get and keep your own towel or towels that ONLY you use to dry your penis and entire groin region with.

If you post a clearer photo I can help you further .....

• Posted

I actually share a towel with my little brother. I'll show a clear picture of it. imageimageimage

• Posted

So, do you and your brother a favour and try to arrange so that you both have your own towels in future as there are a few skin conditions that can potentially be spread that way.

While I do not like the skin marking in photo 1 of your new photos I am going to presume this has developed in this way because you have been scratching at it on a regular basis.

In general the markings, bumps, lumps and spots on your genitals are simply the way your skin has developed, and / or they are a part of the natural development following the onset of sexual maturation, in the same way the growth of pubic hair is part of this.

Essentially, stop your urge to scratch and rub at your genital skin - if you take regular showers do NOT apply soap and shower gel directly to your genitals and groin region, use the soap and shower gels that you have used on your upper body and have drained into your groin region to clean the area.

Finish your shower by using plenty of water to rinse your entire groin and genital area to ensure all traces of soap and gel residue is removed - then make sure NO moisture remains when you dry yourself. All of this may help prevent the urge to scratch the skin in the area as ALL cleaning products such as soaps and shower gel, if not thoroughly rinsed away can be an irritant to your skin.

As I say, get towels that only you use, and each time you shower ise a clean dry towel

• Posted

Quick question. I showed my doctor what I had. She gave me D3 vitamins. Does that have to do with what I have or is it for something else?

• Posted

I know from personal experience that it is hard to take in everything a Doctor says, but She would have given you a rationale behind why you have been given the tablets.

Did the Doctor say something along the lines of take these for so many months and see if it clears the skin issue, or see whether it improves ..... ?

So, yes, the presumption is they are to do with what you have

• Posted

I guess since they are a total of 30 tablets. She said to take it every morning. Is there a cream to reduce itching. I also did my research you can get it surgically removed. But ill just wait until it goes away. If noticed that one of the lumps are peeling .I'm getting more itchy on the top of my foreskin.

• Posted

Irritation to the skin that causes the skin to feel itchy is caused by what the skin is in contact with - I have already mentioned you need to be really careful when you take a shower or simply wash you genital and groin region.

Always make sure to throughly rinse the area at the end of a shower - do not use hot water - make sure to fully dry the entire genital and groin region with a clean dry towel that ONLY you use

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.