I've been searching for holistic solutions for BPH. I won't use prescription drugs due to side effec

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've been searching for holistic solutions. Diet exercise and certain herbal remedies like Saw Palmetto, cider vinegar, and many other things. There must be something or some lifestyle that really reduces symptoms. I am adamant about not using prescription drugs to treat BPH.due the side effects. 

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Johnny, I'm on the same journey!!  Thanks for starting this thread.

My prostate is 97mL.  There are studies if you search for "100 mL prostate" - I haven't read all of them.

From experience, the best info is usually from video sharing sites.  I'm doing searches right now.

Dr. Oz did a PEMF show, which I'm watching as I type this.  I'm not sold on PEMF (magnetic pulsers) at this time because there are too few testimonials in respect to prostate size reduction evidence.  The best evidence imo is when someone shows paperwork or ultrasound sizing numbers.  

• Posted

Hi Bob, thanks for replying. That's great. I believe there are ways to deal with BPH without prescription drugs. Thanks for that info on that magnetic pulses. It may be a combination of diet, and other holistic remedies.

• Posted

This thread can be our "Experimenters Corner".

Please post your "finds".

I plan on getting my Prostate scanned by ultrasound again in a month to see if its growing or shinking with the magnetic pulsers, et al.

Also drinking the "three bags of herbs" from TCM.

Stopped the following foods: all sugar, all wheat, all soy, beef, non-organic.

Going 50% carbs, after the big study came out a week ago.  (I was previously "no carbs" in my diet).

Also, I'm squat-defecating. 

My Systolic dropped 10-20 points from Iceman-breathing, and I sweat at night when I breath with his method, which is very unusual, too.

I'm in a rush to reduce my prostate size.  Anybody else?

• Posted

I’ve been drinking ACV for years, hasn’t helped my BPH. I wish there was a magic cure. 
    • Posted

Thanks for telling us about ACV.  It's the top "pick" in that huge alternative health website in Thailand.  A buddy who has a large prostate is drinking ACV like you.

The magic cure may be a "shotgun" approach.

There's a list of what's alleged to increase prostate size.  

However, I'm very intrigued by the two Israeli doctors (one is said to have a patent) that I read in threads here.  They fix the Prostate's Testosterone leak, if I understand that correctly.  If this is the "true cause" of BPH/enlargement, then there are devices used by top athletes and vets that repair tissue in hours or overnight.  A friend who is a national champ told me about how his injuries were repaired by currents devices.  These are only $100-$300 and there are tons of Chinese that are programmable -- frequency-specific.  On the usual online sources;  however, the markings are not in English.  I've used mono-frequency currents machines for years, and they worked.  However, the prostate is deep, and we don't know if the "growth" is due to "age" or "injury" as the two Israeli doctors say.  If its "injury", then we already know, even from FDA, that currents-devices can repair.  

Thoughts?  

• Posted

They have put me on a whole bunch of Flomax for chronic prostatitis. It doesn't do anything and the side effects are awful. I would try ProstaQ if I were you. It was even recommended to me by a urologist as it has all of the necessary supplements needed mixed into one. It might be a little expensive, but if it works then you'll be happy you gave it a shot. That is the latest and most popular one to hit the market to the best of my knowledge.

• Posted

Lookup the 21 reviews in the online bookstore.

Btw, I saw that Vitamin C resulted in claimed prostate recovery in that same site.  N=1.

Also, breathing techique reduced PSA according to a verified buyer of Carney's book on the the Iceman.  N=1.

• Posted

I have tried so many different supplements for my prostate issue and ProstaQ when I looked at it combines most of the main ones. If a urologist strongly recommends it then I would look into it. Usually they go for traditional medicine. I am at the point where I have tried everything both mainstream and alternative to where I want surgery already to be done with this ongoing issue of mine that is affecting every part of my life. I spent so much money on supplements and saw no results that looking back on it I would never do it again. My doctor was against them. I even tried physical therapy for my problem. My problem is severe and after everything I've tried I do have to look into surgery at this point. 

• Posted

A lot of supplements and even a very popular diaper-rash cream uses zinc.

The studies on zinc supplementation on BPH is mixed - many studies say it increases size and/or cancer, iirc.

My men's multi-vitamin alreaday contain zinc and selenium and they didn't help me.  Been taking for at least a decade.   

No more zinc for me, thank you.

• Posted

If anybody finds stats on BPH by country, please chime in.

As the J.Crow site alredy proposes, China Japan India's very low Prostate cancer rate is due to squat defecation.  Saw the PC rates by country, and seems valid.  

• Posted

Johnny, new find: Whatcha' think of ..Latest Enlarged Prostate Treatment makes 240cc of Huge Prostate Shrink - No surgery-Natural Cure

• Posted

Re: the "Latest .."  I bought Bazar's first book .. PDF.  Says he has a Harvard MBA. Endorsed by Dr Weil, too. Cheers!

• Posted

Have read about 1/10 of Bazar's Healthy Prostate book.  Here's what I've learned:  Prostatis is the "usual suspect" in that China clinic that reduced his prostate from 250g to normal with antibiotics and herbs injected.  His YT video has many hits and the ratio of positive to negative votes are excellent.  

So, my conclusion is that I should not rush to any surgery until infection has been given time to subside (I'm taking Keflex while awaiting three urine lab tests) and Flomax and TCM + perhaps Avodart (later) has been given time to work.

Below is a snip from another thread in our Prostate Problems forum, that imo, underscores the success that Ron Bazar had.  

"Motto.  I forgot to tell you when I was 47  My GP sent me to a Urologist because she told me I had Prostate cancer.  My PSA was 426.   I had every test done that they do ending with a 12 needle biopsy.  Turned out to be a prostate infection.  I will never go through all that again.  Have a good day  Ken"

• Posted

I am with you there and I take no meds. I would try a full search of nutritionfacts.org. Dr. Michael Gregor is the very best at scientifically validated natural remedies. He would suggest at least a tablespoon of ground flax a day, broccoli sprouts, lots of garlic, onions, cruciferous vegies, and a low salt, no sugar, no refined oil, vegan diet. This will prevent prostate cancer as well. I am sure he has more to say, so look at the latest. His diet is pretty strict but if I had known about his research I likely would not have lost my wife to breast cancer. That knowledge is priceless and well worth the loss in favorite foods! I am doing his program now and it took me a few months to get used to it and to like the food. I have not had spectacular results yet but some improvement is better than none.

Bill

• Posted

Bill, I have a 97g (mL) prostate, per ultrasound. I want to shrink it fast.

Your Dr. McGregor says this, and thank you for sharing the info:

In a similar series of experiments researchers took a bunch of men and put them on a plant-based diet for 2 weeks. Then they dripped the mens’ blood on prostate cells growing in a petri dish and saw, as with the cancer, a significant drop in growth. As I detail in my video Prostate Versus a Plant-Based Diet not only do prostate cell growth rates drop almost immediately upon adopting a healthier diet, but follow-up studies on men eating plant-based diets for up to 28 years straight show that as long as one continues to eat healthy, prostate cell growth rates go down and they stay down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.