I've been stressed by work and possible relapse coming.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I recently left my current job only to return because the first job offer was not right. Ultimately I'm

At a stage in my life where I'm not doing something I enjoy and somethings got to change. However my boss offered more hours to return to his business. They has resulted in me working closely to his cfo who is a bully and a severe workaholic. I have tried to set boundaries but with a holic it only creates more tension. I'm now super stressed and I'm feeling sick both with anxiety and body aches. The idea of quitting is daunting as its not easy to look for other work. My health is so important as is my peace. I feel also that my capacity to cope with stress is diminished because of the cfs. How do other people make choices when in similar circumstances ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

When I'm in a stressful situation, I get out. I also do everything I can to avoid stressful situations. For instance, if I'm going to a doctor's appointment, I leave a lot of extra time to get there, so I don't stress out in bad traffic (I live in Los Angeles). I also meditate every day. I never had a problem with stress or anxiety until I got ME/CFS.
  • Posted

Hi Niki,

Am guessing It depends which country you are In but, cfs/me is classed as disability is your boss aware of your condition? Could it be just ignorance on their part? if so, get In touch with the meassociation/cfs/me clinic etc for any leaflets you can get to educate them. Stress and anxiety on their own are seen as a major cause of work based sickness. Your employer will need to make reasonable adjustments for you if you you end up sick so, give them the opportunity to stop that happening by emailing the boss and explaining how you feel physically. Keep to the facts but, get Intouch with Citizens advice too about this for any help with employment laws. My friend was on the sick for two years with cfs/me which ended in a mutual agreement to terminate their contract. All the way along they documented the employers responses. Do the same In case of discrepancy. I'm sure it won't get to that but, be strong in your letter writting and get friends /family to help.

Good luck

Hope this helps

Beverley

• Posted

Hi NikI

I do sympathise. I'm about to leave my job but not exactly by choice. I had a big relapse and they used that against me. I'm about to leave a 16 year job and have nothing to go to plus I'm the main wage earner. So I am interested in the replies you get. It's hard when you can feel yourself going down hill. That said I wish I could be leaving under my terms rather than there's and having the sickness record of 3 months that will also go against me.

No real advice - sorry - but I will be thinking of you and I hope it works out.

Paz

• Posted

Hi paz,

I'm sorry to hear this as I know from your post earlier this year that it was a real struggle. You maybe able to claim pip as the fact that you are having to leave work because of the cfs/me should be seen as something significant? What an awful thing to happen though.

Best wishes

Beverley

• Posted

Thanks Bev I never thought my career would end like this. I'm pretty devastated to say the least. I have no clue how I'm going to pay the bills once my current funds run out. It's so scary!!

Paz

• Posted

Hi paz,

I'm not surprised its scary! I know its even more stress to deal with. Set the ball in motion re :pip and also if you have "customer first" ask them if you are entitled to help with council tax as sounds like you may be living on one wage for at least the present. The CAB may be of help too. Again, what an awful thing for them to do and I'm not surprised you're feeling the loss of 16 years of working

Beverley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.