I've been stressed for months and recently feeling really depressed, symptoms of bugs crawling?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 18 years old and have been stressed for months- possibly because of exams a breakup etc. Also my mum has severe COPD which makes me depressed- all this has built up and recently i have felt really depressed with hateful thoughts of life and just not finding happiness in anything anymore. I get little sleep and tend to end up taking naps throughout the day- and recently i have felt like bugs are crawling on my skin at night is this due to stress? I told my mum about how depressed i'm feeling and she suggested counselling but i just want to know what's wrong with me mentally. I feel like everyone hates me and have also felt anxious for months- sometimes i feel like people are talking bad things about me etc etc. What's wrong with me ? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have exactly the same symptoms with regards to feeling like bugs are on my skin. This happens when I get super anxious and panic attacks set in. What's wrong with you mentally? I can't diagnose you over the Internet sweetie, nobody can. But going off what you are saying, it really dies sound like a combination of anxiety and depression. I think that you need to go and have a chat with your GP to get some answers. Good luck.x
  • Posted

Hey there, you are going through such a tough time. You are feeling the effects of a lot of stress (maybe - I can't diagnose you of course!), and it has lead to depression. Yes, I agree you should talk to your doctor, and also look into wellness courses, or programs online. Meditation, relaxation music, yoga, deep breathing. Lay off the caffeine, don't drink alcohol, take time to really relax. And don't worry if your doctor prescribes meds, they can be lifesavers. 

You say you want to know what's wrong with you mentally, and I think you need to learn a lot of brain chemistry to understand it! I certainly don't understand what's wrong with me. But I know that life has beauty, when we are well. So I wish you wellness, and send you a lot of sympathy.

• Posted

Hi there, 

my name is David and I understand your situation and I will try to help. Firstly you seen to have some anxiety issues that you need to address and you should really speak to your GP. Before you start getting wrapped up in labels like anxiety, depression etc it is safer just to think of it as being ill. You have taken two good steps,firstly you have noticed that you are suffering and secondly you have reached both to your mother and on here. Just doing this has shown that you are on your journey to recovery. It is easy to let life's ups and downs affect us, but there is help but while medication etc is one tool, you also need to make as much effort. I suggest you look into relaxation techniques and meditation. Making a journal of your feelings is also useful as it will help you spot repeated feelings and issues that can help you work on them. I know this is a lot to take in now but we are here for you and will never tire of answering any questions you have or even just offering support if you need to vent.

have strength and courage my friend

David

• Posted

Thanks so much. I just feel kind of scared about going to a GP- kind of scared of facing up to my problems i guess. I just wouldn't know where to start when they ask what i've been feeling... and i find it really hard to tell people face to face how i'm really feeling.
    • Posted

Trust me when I say they will understand. Describe you feelings in any way you can. This is where a mood journal can really help because it is often easier to write, then before you see your doctor flick through and note down the common moods etc. it will give you prompts then when describing how you feel to them
  • Posted

Hi

I have been diagnosed with Graves disease, which causes depression, and i have the feeling of bugs crawling on me, i thought i was going crazy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.