I’ve been stressing for days now about if I have diabetes or not?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can someone please tell me the syptoms of diabetes please! Im now starting to get marks on my body out of nowhere... (pictures inserted) My dad is a diabetic and so is his mom so im thinking it could have been passed along to me...image Also my neck area is gettinh dark...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Just ring your GP for an appointment.

• Posted

Best to wait until it dies down. I've not heard of marks like that being a symptom. If your father checks his blood sugar you could use his kit to check yours.

• Posted

and Google the symptoms of Diabetes.

• Posted

My blood sugar readings have said that I am since 2004. I have not had any of the said symptoms. And only took Metformin for a month or so as I could not get one with its side effects. Initially I was said to be glucose intolerant but later my GP said that term had ben withdrawn and I was now T2.

• Posted

I would ring NHS Direct.

Not sure of the number.

I live in Wales and number from here is 111 but I think it will be a different number according to where you live.

Hope that makes sense.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.