I’ve been struggling with several different problems for several months.

Posted , 5 users are following.

For a few years now, I’ve had issues with my eyes and ears, like double vision and slight sensitivity to some sounds. They were very manageable then, but over the past 3-4 months these issues have gotten much worse and more have started appearing. Now, I have worsening double vision, light sensitivity (sunlight abd flourescents a big no), color vision problems, extreme sound sensitivity (shuffling cards can be too loud), constant ringing in my ears, balance issues, and problems concentrating and thinking when I have sensory overloads. 

I’ve only been to a doctor once so far to start getting this checked out (it’s so hard to get ahold of them) and it was only for my ears and balance. I have an appointment next week for my eyes. 

My doctors don’t know what to make of my symptoms so far, and I was wondering if anyone here could give me some insight? No one has considered it being a neurological issue yet, though I think it very well could be considering as of right now I don’t seem to have any kinds of infections. 

Also I could use some help with how to explain a sensory overload to my doctor? I did the best i could (I said that everything becomes too loud and bright, sounds mix together, I get horrible headaches, and I have trouble thinking and reacting, like my brain has turned to molasses) and the best thing she could think of was that it might be anxiety if the ENT finds nothing. I never feel anxious when the overloads occur though, or even exhibit symptoms of anxiety. 

Help?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Do you have any facial, temple pain? Aches or pains in eyes?
    • Posted

Yes, when I feel sensory overload (or actually it’s beginning to show up more and more outside of that) I get headaches across my forehead, crown, and both temples. Sometimes my cheek bones will ache as well? 

And about my eyes, yes I do get eye aches and pains all the time. Although aches more often than pains. 

• Posted

You may could start yr research with temporal arteritis, some of yr symptoms there but not all. So not saying you have that but start somewhere..there is I know like menieres disease will do that, ck that out and compare. There are some other names pertaining to yr symptoms as well when you xk out those..wish I cud be more help..
    • Posted

Okay, thank you! I’ll do some research and see what happens. It’s better to have a starting place than nothing. 
  • Posted

Hi hope you are feeling better ...any updates?have you been tested for lyme ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.