I've been taking Antabuse for 2 and a half weeks and I feel so tired all the time

Posted , 3 users are following.

its like having the flu. I have no energy to do anything. I feel like a dead man walking. I'm also on seroxat for depression and Naltrxone for cravings. Is this how I will feel all the time ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paper Fairy

Could you please give a little more information of the other medication you are taking.

It is extremely importand to know when you started your treatment on those products.

I used to take Seroxat and also Naltrexone, both of them had the same effect.

I was exhousted all the time and had problems making love, I became like you said, a dead man walking.

My personal experience with Antabusehad none of those side efects.

However, Antabus treatment is easy to work around, it's easy to start lying to yoursellf and start planning your next bender.

Some alcoholists even drink the effects of Antabus out of their system.

If you started the Seroxat at the same time, I would blame the feelings more on this substance.

I hope you will feel better in a short while and you continue the fight.

You are worth it.

Greetz,

Escar

• Posted

Hi paper fairy good for you. This was my life saver and I haven't had a drink in 13 years. It elemenated all those shall I shant i thoughts, I knew I couldnt so that was that. The antabuse didn't make me tired, I wish it had of done because night times were the worst with restless leg. I would imagine it's probably the seroxat. The antabuse didn't give me any side effects and it probably saved my marriage because my husband saw me take it in the morning I didnt get that evil eye has she had a drink look when he got home from work. My drinking years were awful so if you need a mate private message me as I think I felt so lonely at the time because you only understand if you've been there. 
  • Posted

Hi. Thanks for your replys. I didn't carry on with the antebuse. I even drank on it and was sick! I had 7 days of hell on a drinking binge at Christmas( police and ambulance called by a neighbour,the usual! I was very ill the following week, horrendous hallucinations, panic attack, DTs, violently sick. I thought I was going to die. A friend helped me through it and I haven't drank since. I've been going to AA and started meditation to calm my crazy head! I'm 7 weeks sober and hope it stays that way.

Yes I'm sure it's the Seroxat that makes me so tired and intend to wean myself off it in the future.

thanks for your support. C 😊

• Posted

Yeah AA for sure does help, as long as you can stay hounest to yourself and others.

I myself am on the Selingro program and doing well with it.

Apart from this I folow the 12 steps also.

Meditation and sports do help a lot aswell, but, Easy does it,don't do everything at the same time.

Stick to the program and work your steps.

We are here to help eachother, easy does it, realy it does.

Good luck,

Escar

• Posted

I haven't heard about selincro ?
    • Posted

You can find all the information on several websites, aswell on this Forum.

If you just use the search option, (on the right of every page of this forum), you find the links to all the discussi

Do not take it as long as you are on seroxat, and inform yourself if Selingro (Nalmefene) is for you.

Succes,

Escar

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.