I’ve been taking Citalopram for 2 days, wide effecrs already?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi 😃

I’ve been on citalopram for 2 days now, I was on propanalol previously to take whenever I felt anxious. I didn’t feel this was working so dr prescribed citalopram 10mg

I stopped taking the propanalol the same day and then straight into citalopram (as advised by dr) I now feel utterly crap, absolutely shattered, no energy, can barely walk because I am so tired, heart palpitations and the feelings I can’t swallow.

I’m glad I’m working from home at the moment, as I wouldn’t be able to do anything feeling like this! It’s awful!

I feel more anxious than before, is this normal? I’m only 2 days in 😦

Help 😦(

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Vf, Citrolopram will take 8/10 weeks of side effects as the ssri has too build up within your body,so please persevere with this medication and carry on and this medication will work in your body

• Posted

oh god....

im going to need to really motivate myself to get up and going everyday. im just so tired & ive only been taking it 2 days

• Posted

do you think coming off the propanalol could be contributing to this aswell? i only used to take it when needed upto 60mg a day (on a bad day)

• Posted

hi, I am 6 months on citrapram 10mg today and I feel normal again. My days/weeks on it was bad and had every side effect you are having, it's scary but the normal process you go through. hang in there it dose get better. long walks helped me and meditation 😃

• Posted

it is so scary, especially as my gp didnt explain these to me.

had to do a good ole google search, but found this forum on the way so thats amazing 😃

hope i can get up and do some bits over the weekend

• Posted

it is so scary, im waking up more anxious than i ever was 😦

its comforting to hear these side effects are normal though.

xx

• Posted

I wish I could say it'll be easy but I cant. Everyone reacts to meds differently. Some have a relatively easy time and some dont. Some get relief quickly and, you've guessed it, some dont. I went back on citalopram a few months ago and it was hell. This was my second time on it. It was easier the first time. What I will say is that I'm glad I stuck with it and I'm far better on it. It was worth going through the bad side effects to get the benefit I feel now. This forum really helped me during my bad times. There are lovely supportive people on here who really care and can genuinly relate.. I wish you well.

• Posted

thank you so much!

i need to stay positive.

i feel like death, like nothing ive experienced before 😦

• Posted

I didn't only feel like death I wanted it at times! The pain does lessen once your body adapts. It simply needs time. I kept on telling myself I can't stop taking the citalopram because what i was going through would be for nothing. There is an end to the hell youre going through vf.

• Posted

😦

its mad how bad its making me feel. i feel 10 times worse. i wake up with a tight throat and cant swallow! 😦 awful.

i did feel better after seeing my gp yesterday, im having an ecg next week to check my heart as i was worried about the palpitations, its just piece of mind as she said rhytmn, bp and rate was fine.

• Posted

i was exactly the same 3 month ago and my dr also didnt tell me how my body would react to the celexa , the first week was horrendous ill be honest, constant yawning , shattered all the time , i was bed bound , 3 month in and i still have blips , im terrible at the min as i have been having blood tests and its come back as low b12 and something else i cant remember as i was panicking like hell , theyve run some more tests to check if im anemic so im really feeling it now , anyway like i say it gets worse before it gets better but will be worth it

• Posted

yes i literally start yawning as soon as i wake up lol.

im just so tired, its a struggle to move at the moment 😦

i am taking propanalol to ease the anxiety symptoms, which helps.

• Posted

eerything you are feeling is quite normal.

• Posted

awwwwww thats good to know. ive never taken medication for anything before so its all new x

• Posted

Honestly, get out while you can.

I speak for myself here, but it took me at least 3 months of truly hellish side effects trying to settle on this drug. Once things settled down somewhat I truly did not feel good and experienced crazy weight gain, hair loss, insomnia. All new when I started this med. I stayed with Cit about 9 months then tapered down slowly. And that was hell. I have absolutely nothing positive to say about this drug. Awful stuff. If doctors ever experienced this drug they would never ever prescribe.

Find an alternative, beta blockers, meditation, cbd oil, various therapies.

I promise you antidepressents, this one or any other type, is not the solution you are looking for.

Shane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.