I've been taking fluoxetine for 4 weeks now, and I don't feel a bit different

Posted , 11 users are following.

I don't understand why is it taking so long to take effect, my anxiety and OCD is killing me.

Also I've been waiting for my repeat prescription to come through for the last week, I guess that doesn't help either?

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Fluoxetine takes some longer. It was months for me. Everyone different. Keep the faith and you'll get there. I know it's not soon enough but it's God's timing. Prayer's from me.

• Posted

hey andrew and everyone else,

i am SO pleased i came across this forum!

i will have been taking fluoxetine 20mg 4 weeks this thursday.

Its my 3rd time on them, once after i had my son 12 years ago, again 4 years ago then i stupidly decided i didnt need them anymore and weened off them last year. Then BAM my PMDD hit me like a tonne of bricks that then brought on another OCD episode and severe anxiety.

its been hell for weeks, last week i had a few days where i thought i was feeling better no anxiety in the morning anymore and was eating again thoughts had deminished. But since friday ive been awful again severe anxiety and intrusive thoughts.

Is this just the wave of up and down that comes with fluoxetine? im sure i felt better sooner than this the other times and my side affects this time

have been bad. BUT i did recover the last two times and lived a good life, will i feel better again?

thanks,

stacey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.