I've been taking fluoxetine for two weeks and feeling worse than before

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on a low dose of fluoxetine and I've been taking it for two weeks and I was wondering, should I see my doctor before I stop taking it because it makes me feel not like myself I feel like a robot. I feel like I have no emotions, I keep waking up every night at the same time and my mom thinks it's me getting off of my birth control but this started the day I started taking it. My doctor diagnosed me with general anxiety and I told him I wasn't comfortable taking an anti depressant because the last one I took made me feel sick. I want to take clonazapam because I know it helps a lot better than what I've been getting. How are you getting through this? I don't know what to do... I can't eat or sleep, I'm tired all of the time and I feel like I have no emotions.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

When I first had side effects and didn't eat / felt sick it effected my hair and skin from lack nutrients (I never ate anything for days) so I brought one of the milk shake drinks from pharmacy that has all vitamins and nutrients in it. Just until I started eating again

• Posted

I lived on Ensure Plus for about a month. Kept me going until I had an appetite again. No problem any longer. Lol. My hunger is back full force now that I've adjusted to the fluoxetine.

• Posted

Yeah I bought complan and I'm taking multi vitamins to keep my strength up. I have good days and bad days really. Anyone find it worse in the morning??

• Posted

Yeah it's horrendous I just try to sleep and let it pass. I've got to take my dog to the groomers at 10 and I'm sat here having a meltdown lol- I swear I'm crazy x

• Posted

Your not crazy I felt the same that's when I ended up in hospital because I thought I was going crazy! But your not the tablets will make things a lot worse I literally couldn't go anywhere 2 weeks ago and now I'm slowly starting to do things! Another thing I notice is strange thoughts which I never had before I took fluoxetine but I know it's just thoughts and the medication! It's very hard to carry on! I actually had a break down 3 weeks ago worst time of my life I'm only 25 and I want to be better but you have to be patient!x

• Posted

How do you feel? If you can explain it? X
    • Posted

I feel like a prisoner in my own head!!! I just have no appetite, I shake, I can't settle, I'm anxious just sitting doing nothing!! It's horrendous even simple things like going to tesco is built up in my head to something massive!! Then I freak. I just thought I was going downhill rapidly but then I saw this and thought maybe people feel the same as me. I am 24 and suffered anxiety for about 10 years but I swear this is the worst I've had it x

• Posted

Anna

I have had various degrees of panic and anxiety most of my life, I finally relented and started taken flouextine . You are at the beginning of your taking this medication & I can say you wonder why you feel worse nrather than feeling better? They will kick in & make you feel better, I felt exactly the same. The best thing is not to arrange any appointments or put yourself under pressure. When I first started I coulsn't leave the house or even get off the sofa, 5 weeks later I flew for 4 hours a nd had a 2 week holiday abroad. Don't rush things try to relax and take one day at a time

• Posted

Yes I'm the same had it since I can remember! I get bouts of it but this one is the worst one I have had! Feeling detached and not myself scares me the most! Yuip I'm the same in supermarkets feel like I'm gonna pass out its awful! We know there's nothing to freak over but it's how I mind works?? X

• Posted

i had a bad turn last week, i got so ill i called an ambulance, i was feeling all doom and gloom throughout my whole being, and dizzy, like the room spinning, awful feeling, anyway they took me to a and e, and a doctor came to the ambulance, he said it was due to deppresion, next day i went to doctors and he prescribed fluoxitine, i broke down at the doctors, i was so unhappy, after 2 days i felt a bit better, but now my mood has slumped again, but reading the discussions on here it seems a lot are saying you have to stick with them , which is what i will do. angela

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.