I've been trying to get rid of a wart for several years and nothing works, what should I do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had a wart on my middle finger for about 5 years now. I've tried everything to get rid of it. Covered it, lemon, garlic, special oils, had it frozen 3 times, it came off and came back even bigger and spread to my pinkie finger. I wanted to do the laser removal but if nothing works I'm scared I will just waste all this money and it won't even work. I'm at the point where I literally want to cut my fingers off because there's no way I can get rid of it. What should I do to get rid of this thing?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like its quite deep in the skin layers. Have you tried a corn plaster on it?They are basically salicylic acid and I have always found them effective.

• Posted

Aren't corn plasters for feet? I'd like to try but could you send me the name or link to the plasters you've used/seen as an effective treatment? I will give anything a go at this point

• Posted

I dont think you are in UK?? The usual one is Carnation corn caps,which I think you can buy on Amazon and I think is available in USA. In Uk you can get them in any pharmacy or online .Use with caution as the acid can penetrate quite deeply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.