I’ve been turned down twice for pip last week I was awarded enhanced on both I’m at the end of what

Posted , 8 users are following.

I’ve been bed bound for four years I’ve got fibromyalgia and depression anxiety tachycardia and asthma. What happens now and on what grounds can they appeal it. I really can’t cope with anymore. 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Caroline,

If you have been awarded the enhanced rate on both the care & mobility, I am not sure why they would appeal this decision.  I don't understand what you mean when you are asking what happens now. 

Were you given a time scale for the PIP awards?

There is a lovely lady who comes onto this site who I am sure she will be able to help.

Take care. 

• Posted

As I understand the dwp can appeal. I don’t know how often they do that. I’m breaking so worried I can’t cope with anymore. Did you go to tribunal? 
  • Posted

I have never heard of this before, who made you think the DWP would appeal , I don't think they would appeal as from what I know it's a decision maker who decides if you can be awarded pip and they work for the DWP. So if you have been awarded pip it's because the DWP has decided that you can be awarded pip. So there not going to appeal there own decsion.

• Posted

Ok that makes things clearer, the appeal court has ruled in your favour so the DWP have to listen to that, iv never heard of them appealing a courts decsion.
    • Posted

Hi as far as I understand it, if you are refused the benefit and take it to tribunal the DWP have as much right to appeal it as you have, I don't think they do it very often but the option is there.

• Posted

Hi Caroline,

Alexandria is right here. The DWP have as much right to appeal the decision as we do. To do this they have 1 month from the date of the decision to ask the Tribunal for the statement of reasons. From this they must then find an error in law in making the decision. It's very rare that they do this but they may ask for that Statement of reasons. If they do it can just detail them paying you a little. Payment can still take anything up to 6 weeks, some have it in 2-3 it totally depends. Give DWP a call and ask them what's happening, you can also check they have your correct bank details while on the phone. This can make the process quicker. Congratulations on winning the Tribunal too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.