I've been using dexamethasone in the past can you help me my friends

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello friends

In 2015 i have used dexamethasone randomly for nine months without a prescription

It has caused me serious psychological problems and a skin problems that I still have now

i have lost my muscles and my strength on it

The medicine is sold in my country secretly for the purpose of weight gain

Because I was thin I was overwhelmed by my ignorance and i took it

I had serious withdrawal symptoms in the last month of my random use

I went to a doctor he tried gradually to stop the drug

But I couldn't afford to take any medicine

I got out of the hospital and went to my family's apartment in a distant city and sat there

Withdrawal symptoms were tolerated

I did not return as I was healthy before

I went for a cortisol test after two years my morning cortisol is in Normal range

But I am still afraid that this use has affected the strength of my adrenal glands

they don't have any dhea test here

All i did is a morning cortisol and acth

and both of them were in range

Will I regain my health in the future?

Because my muscles and bones became weak after use

Your feedback will help me a lot psychologically

I wish you health and happiness my friends

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you have normal morning cortisol, then your adrenals are working fine. You have already been conned once, don't let someone else con you with fairy stories called "adrenal exhaustion", if it can't be measured it doesn't exist. No more crazy 'medicines'.

The best you can do now is give your body a chance to heal itself. Eat the best natural food you can afford, which means fruit and vegetables, especially green leaves. The less meat you eat the better. Avoid processed foods and sugar. Excercise well but not to exhaustion. Give it time.

• Posted

Hello roddy

I thank you very much for your answer and i wish you success and happiness

I appreciate your reply

I am sorry for my english but i fully understand your writing

I didn't know the value of health until I took this medicine

I broke everything I built during my life,

I will follow your instructions and do full analyzes for the hpa axis after the New Year

Your reply made me very happy

• Posted

Your English is fine!.

The two tests you did are all you need. They came up fine so you don't need any more expensive tests.

• Normal range morning cortisol tells you that your adrenals are working fine for normal days.
      • The normal ACTH test result tells you that your adrenals are able to produce extra cortisol when needed, if you have an accident or get very sick.

You don't need to get any new testing on your HPA axis, the tests you have already done have proved that it is fine.

HPA axis is the complex system that keeps all your hormones in order:

• H = Hypothalmus, the part of your brain that detects risk. It makes various parts of your body ready. The one that most people recognise is your heart beating faster. One of the ways it does this is to send instructions along the nerve to your pituitary.
      • P = Pituitary, a very powerful gland the size of a pea in your skull but outside your brain. It sends signal hormones to your major hormone-producing organs then stops when there is the right amount. Sex hormones are what most people know about. But for your question, the important hormone is ACT Hormone, which activates your Adrenals**
      • A = Adrenal glands. They produce cortisol, a natural ant-inflamatory. And the famous adrenalin of course. So for a normal day, these just trickle along, not too much, not too little, just enough. Except if you hurt yourself (or even might be at risk of getting hurt, see H above). The Synthetic ACTH you had did imitated that stimulation and your blood test afterwards showed that your adrenals produced extra cortisol on demand.

You have had a lucky escape. You can recover from this. You could so easily have been in bed for the rest of a short life.

• Posted

Thank you Roddy , I survived but I am no longer the same

I return to my photos before this medicine and i feel remorse

i don't know how to thank you for your help and clarifications

I will not forget your help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.