I've been using propanolol and as others have said there is a weight gain. I agree.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have begun cutting back ( my Dr. Knows about this). My question.... Has anyone found a a great eating program that helps shedding the weight. I am thinking I need to eat only veggies, lean meat some fruits. Has anyone found success with this type of diet change? I really need support and I would love to give support if anyone is interested in exploring this option. Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Try cutting sugar and all white flour products.  Also, cut down on bread, pasta and potatoes.  The 'I quit sugar' FB posts are good for sugar free recipes!  God luck!

• Posted

Thx for your insights.

Last year I began to have lots of "gut issues. I cut out all forms of sugar including alcohol, gluten, dairy, soy And gave been following a "functional medicine" model and reading and researching information by Dr. mark Hyman. It took about 3 months for my gut to heal itself...it did. I felt lean and healthy.

Started having headaches about 6 months ago and a little high blood pressure. My Doc. Put me on the Propanolo up to 160 dosage...way too much and felt lethargic...cut it back to about 90.... Still feel tired, but it's the weight around my mid section,  that's difficult. I'm hoping going back to eating as I did a year ago will relieve the belly bloat. I am writing down everything I put in my mouth, taking notes on how I feel and weigh daily with the intent after 1 month talking with my Dr. About my "self research" if the weight does not drop significantly.

my question....have you had a similar experience, cut out  sugar etc. and watched your weight drop?

thx....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.