I've been worried about my sleeping because I'd NightMare and Night Terror, what Should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi!

I'am 25 years old, and I was worried about my recurrent Night Terror and NightMare,. This past few weeks my roommate noticed me that I'm screaming she wake me up, and I remember I had a terrible dream, someone is chasing me and he wants to kill me.

and I always have dream about dead body, killing someone and seeing myself dying, little by little someone is torturing me and I felt the pain in my dream and again I scream, when I wake up I really feel heavy breathing and I always cry because all my dreams it's always linger to me and I hate to remember cause it was painful.

every week twice or trice I'd experiencing this disturbances to my sleep.I hope someone could help me to advise.

Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am tempted to say "join the club".  Though 50 years older than you, this happens quite often to me.  I don't know why, but after 10 to 15 minutes doing something else, I get back into bed and fall asleep again

• Posted

Hi! Thank you for the comment, I also does your routine sometimes, I watched a funny movie or thinking about positive thoughts until I forgot my nightmare but in me it takes 1-3 hour before I get back to my senses that Im okie, cause sometimes I can't control my mind that some of my nightmare flashing back again, and oh! my Telling to myself enough, I don't want to remember..

And I just observed that, If I have some conversation to someone else before I sleep my nightmare doesn't come, and I think It really help that before going to sleep think that I'm safe and secure.

• Posted

Im 55 years old male & I have been suffering from Small vessel brain disease. I have been on medication for the past 1 year and each & every day I experience different problems. Severe headache and after that vivid dreaming for some months.  Now yesterday I had horror dreams which shook me considerably.  The whole day i couldn't move. I have been using Sertalin 100 & Clonazepam 5 for the past 6 months. Also using Blood thinner, Lipitab etc. I don't know the reason.  Nobody gives proper answer. Snoring also a problem I am experincing.  But definitely when there is some problem in brain then only we will have dreams and other problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.