I've been worried for months now, what should I do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with shingles months ago after I searched the net that showed shingles is caused due to weakening of immune system by by HIV since then I'm worried that I have HIV or some other STD. Before that I had skin rashes on my hands due to changes in temperatures but it went away on its own if I didn't scratch it.

But I never had sex with anyone. And recently I noticed bumps around the genital areas, I have been shaving but I don't know whether the bumps are due shaving or STDS. To be honest, I never took proper care of the female parts.

I'm so terrified cause when I go through Google it seems I have been infected but when I look at the pictures it looks like the bumps are just because of shaving.

Please help me. What do I do or believe?

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Shingles in NOT cause by hiv. Shingles is caused by the chicken pox virus that most of us have had and it lays dormant in your body. It turns into shingles from a low immune system or stress. 

    Did the dr give you an antiviral?

    The bumps around your genitals is probably caused by shaving and that too is common. If the bumps turn into pimples inside your genitals then that is herpes which is all linked to the chicken pox virus. 

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    It is not HIV don’t worry

    if you were diagnosed, make sure you get proper treatment.

    go to a reliable internet set, like Mayo Clinic or any government, like National institute for  Health site to read about shingles.

    you must follow up w a truly Competent dector too.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted


    Shingles is caused by the Varicella Virus (Chicken pox virus) that hibernates on the spinal cord. It waits there until your immunity dwindles, then starts replicating and causes shingles.

    If you haven't had sex, used IV drugs, or had a blood transfusion, then you can't have HIV, or STDs.

    If you are shaving yourself in the genital area, and have red bumps in the exact same area, you probably have folliculitis, if the red bumps look like pimples, and/or ingrown hairs. I do not know your age, but you should probably see a gynecologist, no matter what, for an examination. The gynecologist could treat you for the bumps, do an examination, and answer any questions you have.

    It is better to know for certain, get treated, than worrying for months about something that is easily cured.

    I am a Nurse Practitioner in the States. I was reticent about my first gynecological exam, BTW.

    Best Wishes

    Merry Juliana

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hello Cherry01,

    I sent you a private message with some information I've posted before that I think you might find helpful.

    Sincerely, Thinsport

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hey thinsport it’s been a while. We used to talk prob last yr quite a bit. I had a different name then but I forgot my password and couldn’t reset it for some reason so I started a new id. I was dfortkiewicz. You had some good ideas. Maybe we can chat again via email. Hope you are well. 

      Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up