I've begun a journey I'm determined to continue.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm just entering week 5 of quitting cigarettes, I've kept my journey fairly quiet, I don't want people asking 'bet you're really craving a cigarette now, aren't you?' I feel great, I can take a deeper breath than I did, without the crackle. I've binned everything smoking related, I haven't smoked in my house for over 10 years, but only today did I get rid of my 'butt bin', it was the final step in my liberation from smoking and so far, I've saved over £200!

Anyone else making the same journey...congratulations, stick with it!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well some mate. You are an inspiration.

I haven't stop anything yet, and so much I would like to celebrate my 5th week smoking free.

I am trying to stop everything smoking related and those are:

Coffee

Weed

Alcohol

I'm trying so hard. But I think nicotine is the worst.

I have a cigarette as soon I open my eyes in the morning then coffee and cigarette again.

All the best

• Posted

I'm still a quitter! I'm proud of myself, it's really not as hard as you think. 

• Posted

Huge congratulations on your achievement, no mean fete. Youll soon wonder why you didnt do it years ago! Im almost 3 years stopped, occasionally still fancy one, but most of the time I dont even think about them. Stay resolute and enjoy the many benefits. X
  • Posted

Well done on your  achievement smile i think i will do it this way too,for me it feels less pressured. keep it going my friend and best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.