I’ve completely stopped sleeping after birth

Posted , 2 users are following.

Please can anyone let me know if I’m going to be ok . 3 months ago I gave birth to my 3rd baby boy but since then I haven’t slept. I went a full 8 days after a very traumatic birth without any sleep then collapsed for 4 hours . I made an appointment with the doctor I’ve had zoplicone which worked for one week and I only slept 2hours a night on it . I’ve had 20 mg temazepan ,serotonin ,15mg diazepan ,quetipine,olazipine,ampytiline, mirtzipine and zolpidem to all of which have failed or gave me 1 or 2 hours sleep . I’m so desperate to sleep I’ve got 3 small babies they have done all blood tests all were fine except folic acid I’ve got a hormone doctors visit due soon but haven’t received the letter I literally feel like I’m dying I go weeks without sleep then take a 15mg zoplicone just to rest for 2 hours . Before this I had no sleep problems why is this happening to me what’s wrong the pychartrist just keeps giving me zoplicone I didn’t feel depressed before all this but I thought it would have fixed it self by now . Am I guna be around for my children there only 3 months 2years and 5 I have massive support system no debt worries or anything even when the kids aren’t here I’m not sleeping . I’ve tried everything from natural to hardcore perscritions I’m loosing hope and my kids needs me my mum has had to move back in with me since my baby was born because I just can’t even nap let alone sleep 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi there,

Sorry to see you feel this way I had exactly same thing not long ago sometime still do get ups and downs but that’s what happens with small kids your sleep generally gets disturbed as your more conscious about how kids be at night and have to wake for feeds etc.  What happened if you don’t mind me asking? 

The issue is the TRAUMA nothing else! you should ask your docter about Setraline tablets they help calm mind down and take out any negative or bad thoughts etc, they aim to make you happy once you happy you calm once you calm you start sleeping again, I took it for 8-9days then came off it as i don’t believe on medications being taken more than a specific time but it did actually help change my thoughts and made me much calmer and blank anything out in my mind but this is short time medication which generally fixes you long time. 

Trauma is a big factor it affects people in different ways and on top having small babies is hard work too your mind is constantly thinking about them if they okay etc. But you need to stay positive you will eventually sleep no one has ever gone on without not sleeping just don’t think about it. When you go lay down think to yourself  “I am going to rest my eyes” don’t think that you “want to fall asleep” this will gradually then form a pattern and your mind will then reset back to sleep mode. Also start going back to ALL of your old habits  like your old self this really helps your brain re-programme itself back to yourself and you get back on the mend quickly. 

I hope this helped you if you need more help in

Here to talk. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.