I've decided to come off Orlistat.......

Posted , 4 users are following.

As I only lost 1lb last month much to my annoyance, I have decided to give this little blue pills a break. I do not understand how I can stick to a low fat diet and not cheat one tiny bit and only lose 1lb - how does that happen????

So i'm going to count the points on weight watchers for a couple of weeks to see if this makes a difference.

I'd be happy losing 1lb a week but a 1lb a month is not doing it for me especially when I have 5 stone to lose.

Total weight loss to date is 18lb started 27th July 2010

If anyone has had the same and has got any advice i'd be happy to hear from you!

Thank Guy's

TJ

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

considering everything you have said it sounds like you're close to plateauing which many of us have done, we've had months where we've behaved and not lost a single 1lb

at that point you need to change your diet a little to remind your body that you're dieting. if you're not already then try green tea, small apple after main meals and increasing or changing your exercise and hopefully it will kick start your weight loss

• Posted

Hi Tj72pink

I have to tell you that I have also decided to give orlistat a rest. I started on the pills in March this year and have lost 5 stone :lol: , but these last few months I have hardly lost anything even though ive increased my exercise time and intensity and also changed my diet slightly. I even invested in and expensive Heart Rate Monitor to count the calories and still I have hardly lost anything for the past few months. I have decided to give them a rest for few weeks and carry on eating healthily and exercising..... hopefully this might be my bodies way of saying I dont need them anymore!

Keep posting and let us know how your getting on during your break from them :D

• Posted

Hi Steffers,

Congratulations on losing 5 stone - what a fantastic achievement and I bet you look & feel fabulous!

I'm committed to losing weight and would be happy to lose between 1 & 2lb per week and on the tablets it just wasn't happening. This is my 3rd day off the tablets and already the scales have started to move again which has obviously made me feel a whole lot better. I am following weight watchers which I know like the back of my hand so the switch hasn't been at all difficult.

I have also given myself extra chores to do to keep me moving, cleaning car, windows etc etc

I really finding exercise hard and just don't like it, I find it so boring. I wish I could get my head around it and become addicted to it like so many people seem to be able to do!

Anyway thanks for your reply and I will keep posting to let you know how I get on.

Love

TJ

• Posted

Hi Tj72pink

Sorry I haven't replied, haven't been on the site for a few weeks. Well ive been off the blues for about 2 and a half weeks and am pleased to say i've lost 8lbs since I stopped. Going for my weigh in tomorrow so will see what the nurse says... im hoping shes going to tell me not to take them anymore.... smile

• Posted

Hi steffersbb

Sounds like you don't need the tablets as you are doing brilliant without them but i'm no expert so see what your nurse says Well Done keep it up and let us know how you are getting on :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.