I've eaten gluten after being given wrong pizza what should I do,

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I'm new to the forum and need some help. I have had coeliacs disease for 3 years+ and am very careful, to the extreme sometimes. I had pizza from dominos a few days ago, when the pizza was made they guy said oh that one isnt gluten free and had to wait longer for a fresh one to be made. I dont think it was gluten free as I am in a great deal of pain, my stomach is so swollen that I cant get any clothes on and am having to just wrap myself in a king size towel. I have complained, I am feeling so ill, I feel I am burning up, swollen stomach, pain, and the most painful headaches Ive had in years. Is there anything I can take to help me feel a little better. 

Thanks in advance

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Carolined21 I am sorry to inform you that you might feel these feelings for up to a couple of weeks.  There is nothing "absolute" to lessen the discomfort.  Some drink copious amounts of water.  Some fill up on Lactaid. Some stay in bed. There is no documentation to support the fact that any of these measures actually diminish the time you will be sick or the degree to which you will be uncomfortable.  BUT, try them. You'll no doubt come to the full understanding that no one but you will understand your disease. Like many of us you will plan meals ahead and keep some in the freezer for those times you go to someone's house or out to a restaurant. We just married our youngest daughter three weeks ago. It was a distance wedding. For one month prior my wife froze portions of meals that she prepares. We took enough frozen meals for one week, asked the hotel restaurant to keep them frozen, pulled meals each day as needed, defrosted, and had a wonderful time. It is something we just have to live with.  You are in my prayers - bundles of hugs!

• Posted

Hi Laurie

thanks so much for getting back to me, Im laying down now, i feel so awful, I will take your advice for sure. Congratulations to your youngest daughter. 

hugs to you 

• Posted

Someone suggested taking a laxative after eating gluten to pass it through your system faster. Don't know if it works.

• Posted

No. Taking a laxative does not in any way help pass gluiten through a persons system. It is actually dangerous if allowed to get out of control. Gluten contamination or injestion simply has to pass.  I am so sorry that you too have to suffer. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.