I've felt emotionless, empty, and like things aren't real for a while

Posted , 4 users are following.

So i'm 15 years old, turning 16 in two days. However, the past few months (i guess, time's been passing really quickly) i've felt inhuman. I haven't really felt any real emotions. Normally I'm terrified of horror things but the other day i watched an outlast 2 playthrough with my friend and i only flinched when startled. I've also felt like I'm not really a person, like i'm too smart to be a person. Things have also felt unreal - time passing much too quickly, stuff like that. Things i used to LOVE now doesn't even spark an interest in me. I've felt a little sad at times but that's really it. Things feel hopeless, i just want my emotions back. Death doesn't even phase me anymore, thoughts of people i care about dying doesn't hurt and i hate this. i feel like i'm becoming a psychopath or something, please help.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello there

I remember feeling a lot like you at your age you are. Very disengaged with everyone and everything. Stayed in my room stopped seeing friends didn't care about anything really. Well not about myself.

I was diagnosed at 14 with depression and Aniexty.

I am not saying you have either as I'm no doctor.

When you get older life feels quicker each year it does!! I don't mean to sound patronising but you are still finding yourself you are so young..

It's natural to not do things you've done when you were younger. I loved certain things then and don't now and like things now I didn't before!! Things do change and are different.

I would say It's better to talk now than later!!! To Have all these thoughts in your head you are recognising things are different for you. To talk is the first step.

I urge you to speak to your family or friends and make a doctor's appointment is better to speak to a professional face to face.

If you can do that it's the start.

I'm alot older now. understand life and its up and downs and the thing it throws at you but there are also beautiful things and people out there you've so much to experience.

Reach out ...

Take care now. Think about the Doctors.

One day at a time

Vicky.

• Posted

Are you on any medication for anything?  Did you go through any bad experiences recently.

My son felt exactly that way from the side effects of an antipsychotic medication that he received.  

As Vicky said, take one day at a time.  Your feelings right now are not a permanent change.  

• Posted

No meds, and no i don't think i've had any bad experiences.

and okay, thanks!

• Posted

Have you thought about seeking medical advice? You may find it beneficial to book an appointment with your GP so you can discuss your thoughts and feelings.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.