I've felt my new knee!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all. I woke up this morning after a painful night. Did too much yesterday, but I've been rewarded by a small amount of swelling on my numb side actually goung down. I can actually feel the bit between the new parts. It is still swollen on the top bit and bottom bit but there is a flat ridge in between. Am I making sense or just drunk on euphoria because of such a step forward?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol 

well done ...how many weeks post op are you ?

• Posted

I'm 7 wks plus 4. Just realised I'm losing track of the weeks so if I'm wrong someone will tell me.  It seems ages ago when I decided to start driving but I know I was 5 wks then. That flat ridge has slightly swollen again but I'm sure I'll feel it again soon. I'm going to swim every day from Monday as now I've finished moving house there's nothing to stop me.
    • Posted

That's brilliant Carol

I was given the go ahead to drive last week but I haven't attempted it yet I lost my confidence and with it being my right knee it seems ultra scary,..

one day when it's raining and I desperately need something from the shops I will do it meanwhile I'll keep on looking at my car through the window biggrin

i

• Posted

I think I would have been worse with a left tkr as I would have found the clutch control difficult. I have a very high people carrier too, because of my back problems, and don't have to bend my knee so much when getting in and out and using the controls. I'm sure I couldn't have done it with an ordinary saloon. I just drove up our very quiet road first and did a reverse and emergency stop. The next day I drtove slowly round the block and met my first traffic. After that  I was on my way and able to visit my new grandchild. That was my motive.

• Posted

Hi again

my car is an automatic .... But not a people carrier   I wish it was I will take your advice and just drive a short distance at first until I get my confidence back

and yes I remember now you drove a long way to see your new grandchild ...what a wonderful incentive  and well worth all the effort as babies grow up so quickly 

• Posted

It was a lovely day but i haven't been since as I've been non stop moving house. Now, however, I'm going to get on with my life. At least this op has made  me realise what is important in my life and what I miss most when it isn't there. I've taken life too much for granted up until now. No longer though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.