I've gone through the menopause and haven't had a period for about 3years and 7 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

about a week ago my breasts became tender and today I started bleeding all be it quite lightly but it's been all day! I've read up about it and most people say it's quite common up to 2 years! Is it more worrying the longer you have stopped

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI Maggs,

I am in menopause at the moment, early hot flushes etc. So i do not know alot about bleeding after three years. All i can say try not to worry. Get checked by your doctor for peace of mind. Please do not worry though. Take one day at time and stay calm. Menopause is a mystery at times. Take careĀ 

• Posted

Maggs, I have never heard it is normal to bleed the first couple of years into menopause. I believe what they say is you are in full menopause if you have not had a period for a year. If you have gone three years without a period and are now spotting/bleeding, go see your gynecologist. It is probably nothing but you must have it checked out.
  • Posted

Hi Maggs I'm post by 3years plus like you and would advise you to visit a doctor. I would just to be sure things are ok xx
  • Posted

I went 16 months with nothing and started again last week.Not happy about itthought that part of my life was done with

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.