I’ve got a white bump on my nipple

Posted , 3 users are following.

im a 17 year old male with a white bump almost like a spot on my nipple, its not painful unless i squeeze it which i have tried multiple times. i have read that it could be a clogged duct or something but have no idea what to do with that information or how likely it is.

would appreciate any help

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, its probably a blocked Montgomery gland.You can try hot compresses, with a face flannel wrung out in hot water and gentle massaging or you can just leave it alone. Better not to squeeze it or you can introduce infection. They often disappear as you get older. Its all do do with puberty . If it gets really big and annoying/embarrassing, then do see your doctor. they are very common.

• Posted

If its infected it will become an angry pink or red and will start to feel tender to touch. If that happens, see your doctor if it lasts more than a few days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.