I've got anxiety that's keeping me awake

Posted , 7 users are following.

Guys I haven't been sleeping well and I have an exam in the morning and I'm scared. The more I try to ignore it the worse it gets but the more I listen to it the worse it gets I just don't know what to do. Please help

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

have you tried hypnotherapy?

i dont mean go see a hypnotherapist but there are loads of free apps you can download on your phone or tablet/laptop. i use one called 'Relax and Sleep Well'

it just helps clear your mind and lets you relax and all you have to do is lay down and close your eyes, just follow the instructions they give and your mind will be clear in no time.

i had difficulty sleeping due to anxiety and panic disorders, now even though im on medication it still wasnt easy sleeping until i tried this.

im not saying it will definitly work for you but its worth a go.

either that or a white/ nature noise app.

hope this helps.

Dx 

• Posted

have you tried hypnotherapy?

i dont mean go see a hypnotherapist but there are loads of free apps you can download on your phone or tablet/laptop. i use one called 'Relax and Sleep Well'

it just helps clear your mind and lets you relax and all you have to do is lay down and close your eyes, just follow the instructions they give and your mind will be clear in no time.

i had difficulty sleeping due to anxiety and panic disorders, now even though im on medication it still wasnt easy sleeping until i tried this.

im not saying it will definitly work for you but its worth a go.

either that or a white/ nature noise app.

hope this helps.

Dx 

• Posted

sorry this popped up twice, was using my phone earlier and it malfuctioned frown
  • Posted

Hi there

listen to guided meditation or progressive muscle relaxation.

good luck for your exam 

• Posted

Guided meditation actually really helped!!!!!!
  • Posted

Hey Carys, when I'm going into a bit of a panic I try belly breathing. Check it on on youtube etc.. it might help. Good luck with your exam. cheesygrin
  • Posted

Look at it differently. Have you been brought up always told to do your best but basically had no clue what that even meant? Many kids are told that as youngsters only the huge misunderstanding here is what is my best? Then U feel no matter what it wasnt your best. Teens and low twenties is a time where many battle with if they are good enough, with anything so it is easy to unravel how such anxiety pops up when it comes to exams or schoolwork. If you keep up with your work daily, and reasonably study for an exam that is your best. Does it mean you are an a student? Maybe or maybe not but that the criteris for doing your best. Sleep, eating well and exercise is all part if doing well. Thats it. Thats all you can do. So when you are awakened with fears of an exam, and you know you did do the work and went over the material you have to say to yourself...i did my best and thats it ..let it go. The worrying is counter productive. The grade you get..you get.what ever outside pressures are on placed on you is not your problem, it the person placing their issues on you. You did your work daily? You kept up? You reviewed the material? Then you did your best.  Please stop placing unrealistic expectations on yourself and except yourself as is. Its all a learning experience to gain knowledge it is not meant to become ill or miserable. Learning is a gift not a punishment. I hooe that helps you. Thats how i raised my kids, they did well and did it for themselves. If they got stressed thats exactly what i would tell them. 

• Posted

I know this is a year late but thanks for the advice.You're right. I have grown up in a family with four brothers and no one has ever told which way is the right way to go or to do. I think that's why my sleeping problem was so bad because no one told me how to deal with it or what I should do. So thank you for sending me such a powerful message it really means a lot. xx

• Posted

Not sure if It's OK to post here, but someone Please ease My mind. I weined down to 12.5 mg of zoloft for my anxiety. That didn't last as it was doing nothing for me and I had a couple panic attacks. So I've started back up to 25mg. Only 3 days now. I feel ok just like a muscle tension in my left arm like someone is squeezing it. Little deep breaths in every so often. Headaches. Is this normal when u increase your dose. I can't remember since I've never increased zoloft. Any help is appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.