I've got my date.

Posted , 15 users are following.

just to let you all know, I yet again rang the consultants secretary, for a date update. To be told I'm nearly at the top of the list and just a few more weeks. I said I've waited 29 weeks now. Is there any chance I can go on the cancellation list. She said yes, how soon can you come in. I said any time. She said I've got one a week today is that any good? I said that's mine. So yes 5th August is my day. Pre op on Monday. Will keep you all up dated. Thanks everyone for your support. A great site.

4 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That is so wonderful Nige47264....I am so happy for you! Please keep us posted how things are going. You have waited so very long...I will be exactly a week behind you for my second thr....mine is two weeks from today, the 12th. Good luck....Hugs...Barb
  • Posted

thanks everybody. Your all very kind. Great to know you all. Will keep you posted.
  • Posted

hi nige, 

the wait is almost over !!!!!   

are you ready ?????

you are not alone, okay, so come here any time you feel you need to vent or get support ---

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Congrats on getting your surgery date. That is the first big step after all the waiting and struggling pre op.

Wishing you all the best.

Cathy

• Posted

U will be so happy when uts all done

I am 5 days post op good luck

J

• Posted

Almost there!

I hope you are fling good about this. I was a weird mix of exhilaration, trepidation and anxiety that I hadn't prepared enough. Well ... you cannot really be fully prepared! But even though recovery is much slower than you might want or imagined, it is totally worth it. Getting rid of the bone on bone is simply wonderful - even with the post surgery pain.

Be regular with your pain meds, do your exercises and be patient and kind with/to your body. Wishing you a super surgeon and recovery and support for recovery.

L

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.