I've had 2 herniated disks for about 2 years now im 20 and my op is tomorrow

Posted , 5 users are following.

well then 2 years of sleepless nights and non stop pain finally the operation is here im absolutely terrified im praying that everything goes well has anybody else recently had any back surgery done that can give a few pointers or how it went thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I just had microdisectomy surgery 5 days ago and 2 hours after surgery I was able to walk I felt amazing after surgery I did not even took any painkillers since. Prior to surgery I was unable to walk for 2.5 months staying home due to sciacia pain in right leg (L5S1) Today for the first time I felt sciacia pain since surgery but I hope it is just temporary and it will go away as healing progresses. Do not worry surgery itself is fine and very safe only problem is if it will help with pain. For some does for some not
  • Posted

Mine went very well....it just wasn't successful...be careful after op not to strain your back in any way..ask what you can and can't do for a while...you will be fine...good luck...c
  • Posted

Good luck for your surgery. You'll be fine, just think you'll be able to feel free of pain. Firstly, buy a back brace to help stability, it stops you using your back so much and reduce relapse and aids recovery. The most important thing is to rest, do not use your back to lift, bend too much, twist round. It could cost you your recovery. Get as much help as you can, especially if you have children. Unfortunately I didn't get much help and have relapsed
  • Posted

Your be okay make sure u have pain relief normally morphine if u start to itch tell them the will give u a tablet that stops it. You will feel stiff start to move slowly and build it up. Your be fine. I had complete compression of my lower back I have Neen left with mobility issues a colostomy stoma and a urostmoystoma. I have had my bladder removed they left it in be it went septic. I have had 7 major operation all due to that compression. Which was left to long. You be fine I am 58 now and come through ok. I am having a neuromodulation disc put into my back its like a pace maker. But it's their to disrupt the pain signals to the brain. Any pain relief will be great.

Any it's not about me it's u your young and fit so ur do ok. I will be wishing u luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.