I’ve had a chronic headache all day, everyday for 11 month?! Help???

Posted , 6 users are following.

hey there. Im a teenager if that gives any extra information? So, early january, i got this bad headache. It was weird for me since i had never had any headaches before this day. So i took a few advil and carried on they did nothing. The headache lasted all day, then all week, then all month. Since then, more symptoms have been showing up. Currently, i get brain fog( confused, trouble with sinple math, bad memory, can't focuse on anything, brain lags, and i get lost on the subject in the middle of a sentence). Along with that, i get two different thpes of headaches usually. Usually an aching or clamping sensation, or an icepick headache, the icepick headaches last antwhere from 10 seconds to 5 minutes. The aching or clamping headaches rage in intensity from 2-9. They rarely go down to two or three though. Maybe one day a month is like that. They also switch intensities often but stay withing a range.( 2-4, 5-6, 7-9). They are usually moderate though. I have also found that i am starting to lack coordination. I trip on stairs, run into things, trip on air, and cant even hit a ball. One of the synptoms thats been around for a longer time(started 9 months ago) is this odd sensation that is indescribable. The best i can say is that my brain tingles. The headache is still there but it is that sensation added on. Or sometimes, theres another odd sensation that i have started calling head nausea. My head feels like throwing up. Its the same feeling you get in your stomach but I feel it in my head I am also sensitive to loud noises and strongs smells. There isn't any other way to describe it. If i smell someones perfume at all, Ill end up in bed for the rest of the day and skipping extra-curricular activities. I am currently on 10mg of amitriptyline a day. It is doing nothing at all. I feel like im at a stand still. Nobody knows whats going on and there isnt much i can do since no medicine has helped relieve any pain. And right now, we're just waiting to see if the medicine will help.(which it clearly isn't) I dont know what to do and am hoping someone recognises any of this or can help me somehow.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi there. i can totally feel and understand your pain. i am 35 yr old lady suffering with chronic tension type headache for over 5 months. i have tried amitriptyline 10mg for months. it didnt help me at all. Increase in dosage gives me side effects like heart palpitations. i am on propranalol 80mg but even that doesn't seem to be doing any dfference. but it did help me to sleep better. i had insomnia and couldnt sleep at night at all. did Mri scan that was clear, blood tests were all ok. just dont understand how can i get rid of it. i am probably in same situation like you. had headache for months, tried medication. but headache is there every single day. i am amazed that it is taking so long to get cured. or not sure if there is any problem is diagnosis.

• Posted

Get an MRI. I'm up to about 5 weeks but can't have an MRI due to having a pacemaker. Your symptoms are a bit different to mine though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.