I've had a constant feeling of light headed nesss and dizziness along with anxiety.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone first time writing here. I recently start going through a bad deal of anxiety and stress these past two months. Had a heat stroke while I was under the influence which scarred me pretty bad because it made me afraid of death basically even more and just gave me but anxiety along with it plus all the stress I already had blew up in my face. The anxiety lasted bad for about two weeks then one day I suddenly woke up normal for two days I felt great again back to normal but reality hit me again and slowly I started feeling bad and ended up having a severe migraine for about 5 weeks and also got disagnoeses with sinusitis . So the inside of my nose is also swollen. About a week and a half ago I decided to get off all the headache medication I was on and just decided to wait it off and my headache ended up slowly disappearing. But through all that and all that time gone I didint work, stopped going out, stopped working out, had low appetite felt stressed everyday and had so many mental breakdowns , lost a lot of weight , and basically shut myself in . I started feeling a bit better after the headaches were gone but now the anxiety is back and maybe slight depression? But I also now have this daily ALL DAY light headed feeling "disconnected" you can say since then I thought maybe my head was just tired from all the headaches but it's still going on . I just feel disconnected and sometimes like if things aren't real or something . It's scary and I know it's most likely in my mind but it's so hard to get over. Decided to try my anxiety medication Hydroxyzine but didn't like it it gave me horrible nightmares and tremors all day long. So now everyday I just feel out of it . Light headed and disconnected from everything around me mentally it's wierd wanted to see if anyone had any advice on that. Would greatly appreciate that! Also side note I have trouble going out to places now even stores sometimes I feel my headache coming back or light headed state getting worse .

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Eduardo, I feel your pain. I had a bad day today. To make a long story short, I had a hard time being about around my colleages today - ones I've known for years. Just pure, intense anxiety. I'm a teacher and today was the first official day back to work. So many people, so much anxiety.

?I have had anxiety for the past 2 months. I don't know what the trigger was but I believe it could have been when I was changing my meds. Who knows and now I'm in this world of anxiety. Sometimes I can eat either and going out to places is a struggle.

?I too feel disconnected. I feel like I'm a totally different person now and its the worst feeling.

?I'm currently on Hydroxyzine but I don't think it's working. I also take Klonopin 2x times a day and I don't think that working too well either. I also taek Lamictal and trazadone. I know alot but I don't think there helping.

?Anxiety wakes me up in the morning with my heart racing like I just sprinted a mile. I hate it, I hate it.

?As for advice, I would continue to speak with your doctor. Make appointments to seea psychiatrist and psychologist. I feel that I might have Generalized Anxiety Disorder - I'll discuss that with the psych.

?Also Eduardo, you are not alone. We all here are struggling. Sometimes we share good stories and sometimes bad. Today for me was a bad story.

?I definitely feel your pain and we are all here to listen and be there. We may not always know what to say but we always offer words of encouragement.

?Please keep posting. You are apart of our family now. Take solice that you are not alone.

?I'm sending you positive vibes.

• Posted

Hey how's it going Tip,

Sorry to hear that that you weren't able to probably enjoy hanging out with your colleagues, I feel you on that I can't really hang out with my friends without feeling wierd or even with my girlfriend at times without getting anxious and sadly I end up asking her if we can just hang out in my house which is my "safe spot" I hate it rolleyes but I do try to go out. I'm trying cause I can't get used to this staying at home crap to avoid everything it's not healthy. Yes go see a doctor at a mental health clinic if anythjng change your medication that's what Imma do and start therapy! I started mine and had a group orientation and seems like it'll help honestly !

Thanks for your kind words . I hope our journey to overcome this won't be a long one or a hard one! You're not alone like you said . Keep pushing to get that help and let's overcome this together !

• Posted

Hi,all of your symptom's are anxiety. The lightheadness,and the disconnection,not wanting to leave your house,are all anxiety. I know you have sinusitis. What bothers me is that they gave you hydroxyzine(sedating antihistamine) and I think the sedating is what they are giving you for anxiety. I don't think so. Not going to work. you need a antidepressant,not a sedating antihistamine for anxiety. Honest to god. Your sinusitis has nothing to do with anxiety. I don't need to be a doctor to know that. Flonase, or other over the counter nose spray's work great for  sinusitis,but if you have had for a while, maybe a antibiotic,then use a nose spray when needed. Now the bigger problem (anxiety) I know all about it. I have had every symptom plus a tension headache that lasted for 8 years,24 hour's a day,and I also have had migrains my whole life. I don't suffer any more,since I am on a antidepressant, and have been for years. I do have a migraine pill that if I start to get one I pop a tablet,and it goes away. Since being on a antidepressant,I don't get them bad like I use to. Most of the time I can pop two aleve and that nip's it in the bud,but if it doesn't I pop a sumatriptan(migraine med) . since getting on a antidepressant, almost 9 years now, I have not had a anxiety, or panic attack,thank god. If I were you, I would go back to my doc, and tell him you need a antidepressant,cause the med he gave you is not working for that. (remember) if you are on something and you don't feel right,or it is not working,then call you doc right away and let them know. They can only go by what you tell them, so speak up,they are not mind readers. You can get your life back, I promise. 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Kimberly ,

Yea the light headedness worried me because it was right after my 5 week migraine ended so I thought at first maybe my brain was so drained from it but then I realized it wouldn't go away and thought I was goin crazy till I realized my anxiety was back and then found out about DR/DP too which helped out being able to describe how I feel with a term. Yea I know my sinusitis has nothing to do with my anxiety but the thing is I felt like it would provoke it at times because my inside of my nose is swollen so I have trouble breathing and it's been like for a month but the medication isn't working but they want me to keep "trying" on it. But I got over it and just wanna deal with my anxiety. I believe I'll be going today to talk to the doctor about my medication because it just isn't for me . I need something to actually help. I wanna ask tho. Since you say the medication helped you out . Do you feel way better like do you not feel as anxious any more? Cause with me I managed to somewhat "control" my attacks but through out the day I get anxious all day. I just haven't managed to control that get what I'm saying ? Thanks for your words! In hoping to get my life back soon because all this is too much at times, and gets in my way with relationships, I'm starting therapy soon so hopefully that helps !

• Posted

So glad your going back to the doctor. I have not been anxious, or had any attacks since I've been  on medication. If you are  on meds, and you still have symptom's then you need it upped or changed. Don't settle for nothing less. Did your doc ask you to talk to someone,or is this your idea. If your thinking that talking will get you feeling better, save your money. You can't talk it away. Anxiety is just crazy. Go for it, and get better.!!! Give me updates,I'm interested in how you do. biggrin

• Posted

Well I went to my doctor today, she let me change the medication and told me to never be scared of asking for a change that we have to find what's right for me . She gave me Zoloft so I hope it'll help me out as you have said it's helped you out! I even did a slight work out today. No the therapy was my idea honestly I felt like I needed it because stress was a bad trigger for me and my brothers attempt of suicide last year built a lot of that stress on me. So I feel like I need to talk to someone about it . A therapist luckily my insurance is covering for it so I'm trying to take advantage smile what antidepressant are you on if I may ask?

• Posted

I started out on Zoloft. Worked good.I have been on lexapro,celexa, and now for almost 9 years I am on Cynbalta 60 mg, and 20mg amitriptyline.They have worked great for me.The side effect I have had for a year with C
    • Posted

Sorry hit the wrong button. Ok side effect from Cymbalta for me is dry eyes. I use eyes drops over the counter to help. It's not bad to where I want to stop the med. Side effect with amitriptyline for me is sweating, and bruising.If I bump into something to where you might get a little bruise, I get a big bruise. My GP will be back from maturity leave in a month,so I might see about trying something else in place of the amitriptyline, cause the sweating bothers me. I am so glad you stepped up to the plate at your appt. Way to go. Keep on top of it. The reason's for the med changes in the beginning is little side effects like I have mentioned. You might be perfectly fine, with no side effects. Sometimes after years of the same med, we have to switch cause it feels like it's losing it's effect. Now you know you can tell your doc about anything that doesn't feel right. Proud of you. Tell me when you feel great!!!   If talking to someone makes you feel better, good for youcheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.