I’ve had a headache for 12 years and constant migraines in peri menopause

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi All

For you girls whose periods have finally stopped, did your headaches and migraines finally improve. I'm 51 years old and have been suffering for 13 years now. I haven't had a period now for 6 months and hoping to hear that this will get better. I really cant take much more. My daughter has an eating disorder and she needs me. Did your headaches get better the further into menopause? Thank you

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ten years since my last period, I had suffered with monthly hormonal migraines since my 20's, now I get really dulled down migraine symptoms from time to time but 100% nothing like what I used to get, I can relate to children and migraines not mixing, I used to clock watch until my husband came home from work and then literally crawl up the stairs to bed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.