I've had a headache for 2 months please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I suffer from headaches often. I've suspected migraine a couple of times, i've had visual aura twice in my entire life which isn't much. I've been told it's most likely tension headaches.

The last 2 months i've had headache everyday. It's worse in my right side particularly around my temple/over my eyebrow. The ache is also in my forehead, my cheeks under my eyes and over my nose as well as like a band around my entire head. My neck has been stiff too and my scalp is sore. I also occasionally feel dizzy and my brain feels foggy and when there hasn't been pain my head has had pressure instead, two days in a row my right ear even got clogged like when you've been flying.

I had been fine for a week now but early morning today when I woke up and turned my head I felt a stabbing around my temple on the right side. Then later during the day when I was fixing my hair before going outside I accidently touched my temple and felt another stabbing from that then immadiately after my headache returned. I now feel tired and I have a headache, right side temple is worse. No other symptoms except slight dizziness but i'm keeping in mind I haven't eaten much today due to the heat and i've had muscle pain but I don't know if that is related. I don't have the best posture so I get muscle pains sometimes.

I've tried to get a doctors appointment last week, fully booked. I called a medical app and got the response that it's most likely either migraine or tension headache but I need an evaluation.

I got worried it's giant cell arteritis but from everything i've read it cannot affect people below 50 except in very rare cases. Aspirins doesn't help. Funnily coffee helps sometimes though, but not always.

I'm also light sensitive. A couple of days ago I felt similar to how I felt before the two times i've had visual aura just because I looked out my window and it was very sunny, so I had to sit down for a couple of minutes and cover my eyes. I then felt better. I learned from those times how to notice a visual aura is about to come on but to be fair I don't know if that's what would've happened if I didn't avoid the light. The first time I had a visual aura was 2 years ago when I was 21, then again last year when I was 22. Second time bright light seemed to trigger it and the first time I was extremely stressed that day. I started having headaches often in high school, usually they started at the end of the school day and it was so bad I couldn't touch anything to my head some days, like headphones, but an aspirin would work as well as relaxing when I got home.

I'm very concerned about how frequent my headaches have been lately though but i'm an easily stressed/anxious person and I worry greatly about covid-19 all the time so that could be a reason I guess... If anyone recognizes the symptoms tell me and how you treat it. Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

i too have been suffering with headache and pressure for last two months. constant dullness in the head tightness in neck. very frustrating. i am getting a scan on my neck next week.

i think is started from poor posture the forward head position causes stress and tightness.

am taking tramadol to control pain but only take it whenever needed. Exercise i think is going to be key. 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and i feel great relaxes ur muscle and get endorphins pumping. it will take time to pass but it will go eventually.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.