I've had a headache for a month, what is wrong with me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, my name is Adam and I'm 16 years old. About a month ago I started having headaches everyday (I still have them now). The pain isn't constant but instead comes and goes throughout the day and the pain is mild. I do not wake up in the middle of the night because of these headaches but they start first thing in the morning and are on and off throughout the day. I have found that they present more in the night.

I have had my eyes checked at the opticions and the results stated that my eyes were healthy. However, I am extremely worried this "headache" is a symptom of something more serious like a brain tumour. I can not think of any other cause. If you do, I would be grateful if you could suggest possible causes. Other than the headaches I have had no other symptoms except the occasional blocked nose. 

I really would appreciate it if you could give help me with this issue as I have never had anything like this before. What do you think?

Please help!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Think you got Sinisitis /Rhinitis ,I'm always having them ,try an antihistamine ,or steam inhalation ,try and get some menthol crystals ,from big chemist .

You've got congestion ,yes that feels like a real bad headache ,don't stay in stuffy warm rooms if possible .Central heating will do it to .

The menthol crystals you dissolve in hot water ,then put towel over head and breathe menthol in ,might have to do it several times. Hope that helps.

Failing all that go see your dr ,but try this first ,with sinuses you get pain round eye sockets .What you can get if can't get the crystals ,Vick will do same thing ,but crystals stronger and keep eyes closed .Takecare 

• Posted

Hello Adam,

Please get the consultation from the doctor for CT scan and MRI which shall identify a possibility of tumor or something alike. but your symptoms seem similar to cluster headache as they start during wakeup time or in the middle of night and mostly affect patients from the teenage. Also the patient find difficultly to breathe during headaches due to blocked or running nose. Medicated oxygen is the best therapy to get rid of cluster in cuople of minutes, but your headache need to be diagnosed by a nuero FIRST. Please do not get panic with my comments, i wish it shall not be cluster but i just gave my view point based on the symptoms. It took 14years for my headaches to be identified as cluster and not migrain, followed by cure.

Regards,

Rohit

• Posted

They are obviously beginning to worry you. Do you get nausea or vomiting especially in the morning? I could be a sinus problem or tension headaches. Your GP can make a diagnosis and decided if you need some treatment or further investigation. 

Lots of youngsters drink too much caffeine. Try having a caffeine free month. No tea coffee, energy drinks, coke etc. also make sure you limit how much time you spend looking at screens- computer games are notorious. And make sure you are getting enough sleep- 8 hours is about right. Drink plenty of water 5 glasses per day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.