I've had a heavy heady feeling for a week, it's like I'm drugged. feeling tired and giddy anyone pl

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

Has anyone experienced feeling heavy headed, tired like a drugged up feeling? It makes me feel slightly giddy at times. I hear whooshing noises in my ears sometimes or a continuous noise like static around me. My sinuses feel blocked sometimes and I have to breath through mouth.

I get anxiety and am on anxiety meds.

I sometimes get shortness of breath nut this could be anxiety.

Recent heart echo and bloods ok.

Cam anyone relate please?

All replies welcome

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Wish I could help.  Those symptoms are new to me.  I always associated whoosing noises and blood pressure.  Has that been checked?  Hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

I think you have something called POTS! No your not going mad! I'm pressure sure that you may have something call either Joint hypermobility syndrome or Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. Try NOT to worry. It's actually more common than you realise. If you have there is nothing you have done you inherited it like me. This is causing the anxiety, the Dizzyness and the whooshing or ringing is called tinnitus. Don't panic, you will make it worse but go and see your GP and ask him. Alternatively look at JHS on your search engine. I hope this helps and there are lots like you. The GPs are starting to understand this, I even diagnosed my GP! 
    • Posted

I don't know... JHS (or (Benign)JHS) usually occurs in children and young adults, and if not outgrown when muscles strengthen, can lead to arthritis later in life. None of Sarah's symtpoms seems to fit. I had it went I was younger... characteristics of this syndrome are being able to touch your thumb down to your forearm, and being able to put your palms on the floor while bending at your waist. I haven't been able to do either of these for decades biggrin. Best to check with a doctor about the head symptoms.

• Posted

Hi

I had a virus about 4 weeks ago and started feeling heavy headed, spaced out.. Dizzy etc. I've been to doctors and its labyrinthitis. The anxiety you feel is normal, it's because of the inner ear, causing you to feel the way you do. Before I went to docs someone recommended motion sickness tablets, you can buy these over the counter, they do help a little. It's an awful horrible feeling and I totally know where youre coming from. Rest assured it's not serious though, just rest, lots of fluids and see your doctor again

Hope this helps

• Posted

Hi Feelingdizzy

Thanks for your reply, I hope it is a virus because that will pass eventually. An aunt of mine suffers with vertigo and her GP prescribes motion tablets that you can buy otc. I have tried them but they make me sleepy.

Thanks for the advice, I am drinking more fluids, giddiness not so bad now, still feeling a bit weird in the head though and I feel like I can't take a deep enough breath at times but this could be anxiety.

Sorry to hear you have had similar to this too, I hope you are recovering from it.

Best wishes

Sarah 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.