I've had a overactive thyroid for 2 years and I'm fed up, any advice?

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi there I've had a overactive thyroid for over 2 years. My symptoms were hot flushes, shakes, weightless and general hyperactivity. Since being treated for this I feel that I've never actually had that moment we're I thought I feel better. It's been a constant battle with the meds, I've never really been stable. However over the last couple of months I feel that my symptoms have completely changed I'm cold all the time I'm gaining weight and the tie redness I feel on a daily basis is unbareable. I recently had my bloods done and I'm overactive at the moment, the doctor has advised me to take the same dosage and exercise for fatigue! I really feel as if no one understands I'm 26 I'm a full time mum studying and I can't cope with these urges to constantly sleep anymore it's making me depressed. Does anyone else feel like this or have some advice for me please because right now I'm desperate.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been on my medicine 3 days now I feel like i felt a little better yesterday but then this afternoon i was completely emotional I'm so up and down please tell me the medicine will help soon and other people have felt like this? It's hard on my marriage because my husband has no clue how to deal with the emotional up and downs which in return stresses me out more!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.