I've had a steroid injection ..but the pain is back 🙃

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had the steroid injection in august but the pain is back again , can I have another injection so soon ? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My GP would only let me have them every 6 mths.  I used to have one injection split over both feet as I have PF in both heels.  I had been having the injections for around 8 years when my GP said that he could no longer give them because they had caused so much muscle damage to my feet.  I can't even taken ibuprofen now either because I am on a BP tablet so I have to survive just on co-codomol.  I can honestly say though that in all the years I was having the injections, it was the first one that gave the most pain relief.  After that it merely took the edge off it but it did reduce the swelling in my feet, which I was told by a consultant was as a result of the pain (not fluid retention).  Good luck Gill, people don't realise just how bad PF is.  Sadly, I am now registered disabled as a result of mine.

• Posted

I had a cortisone shot which helped my initial inflammation and helped me to stand for about 2-3 months, but my pain is slowly coming back also.

I injured my ptt which caused my arches to drop and resulted in heel pain.

I won’t do cortisone again as it will degrade your foot tissue. 

Consider PRP, prolotherapy, or continue with PT. We’ll be happier in the long run!!

Also, just my personal opinion but rollers only help if your PF is tight .. if you have micro tears it could make them worse.

• Posted

I too had an injection that didn't work.  My doc said it was too early to re do but to go back in a few weeks.

PF must be the most different illness to any as no one seems to have it the same length of time or indeed all the same sympton's, other than the undescribable pain in the heel.  I have had, and got lots of other pains but none that I have not coped with like PF.  I find the taping under the foot a boon for some relief.  see You tube for how to do .  I use Strappal 2.5 cm.  Costs vary from around £2.50 for 5metres.  The only shoes I can actually walk in, still with little pain, are trainers,  purchased from a Podiatrist and he sorted the insoles out to suit my foot. Regards Elaine

• Posted

Hi Gill,

I have steroid injections in my Knee and they work well and last for 2-6 months but I am only allowed 3 in a year so I have to wait until the pain is unbearable without painkillers before having another injection. My doctor say's he is happy to give knee injections in the knee as it is a large joint but he would be unwilling to inject into tissue or the spine as it can cause tissue damage and nerve damage.

There are many types and causes of pf, mine was due to tight calf muscles which stretching exercises cured after several months and I still do them now to keep the pf at bay and I have gel heel pads in my walking boots and trainers which takes the weight off the heel and so enables me to keep mobile which is very important as if you stop exercising then everything starts seizing up so keep mobile unless your doctor tells you to rest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.