I’ve had a stiff neck for 1 one week, help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I hope everyone is well.

I feel that I have a stiff neck and this is from sertaline 50mg my 1st week. I would really appreciate the help and i feel like this tablet is making me worse, I take this for the tingling in my neck which happened a month ago randomly. The worse case scenario is that it affects my arms causing severe arm weakness and a stiff neck constantly when I sit or stand making the simplest things to do the hardest.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi rfy787

Have had this checked out by your doc I had this been diagnosed with a trap nerve but I do think it could be the meds and with me anxiety

Lina

• Posted

Patients whose neck pain suddenly occurred after beginning to take Zoloft for an unrelated condition may be experiencing dystonia related to the medication. All incidences of severe neck pain should be investigated as should chronic neck pain in order to rule out serious conditions such as meningitis, spinal cord compression. It may be that switching medications relieves the neck pain and confirms the suspicion that it was a side-effect of Zoloft. In other cases there may be a clear cause of neck pain independent of the drug and the relationship between neck pain and Zoloft may be purely coincidental; all cases warrant investigation, however.

• Posted

It could be but could also be your meds I would certainly discuss with your doctor

Lina

• Posted

I kinda have that problem, except for it's the bottom of my spine, and sometimes my feet get numb, so that's probably a side affect, you should talk to your doctor though. Hope all works out for you. God bless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.