I've had an abscess for over 5 days now, help?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had an abscess for over 5 days now&it doesn't seem to be going away. I've tried the turmeric & coconut oil mixture but it just seems to be getting bigger & no better. This is preventing me from my daily activities as I'm just laying on the bed waiting for it to rupture. Please help!!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi  have you seen a doctor and do you have any antibiotics 
    • Posted

I've taken antibiotics given to me by my doctor but they don't seem to be working like they always do. Normally my abscess doesn't last more than 4 days. I'm really starting to worry. It's become almost impossible to move.

• Posted

I miss so sorry for the delay, I really think you need to see a doctor at A&E I think that would be the best thing to do. Do you feel unwell at all, if you have a temperate and the abscess is hot I would really ask you to have it checked out as soon as possible. I will try and keep an eye out for your replies. 

• Posted

I will go back to my doctor tomorrow if it hasn't ruptured. Will keep you posted. My temperature is actually normal now but the pain& discomfort is still there.

• Posted

Ok but please do, hoping you will manage to get some rest, it really is the worse pain isn't it. I will be thinking about you, please let me know how it goes. Please don't think I'm trying to scaremonger you because I honestly wouldn't do that, it's just unfortunately I know a lot about this through experience. 

• Posted

Hi jo39075. Just an update, my abscess drained last night & I felt an immediate relief. I'm still swollen & was wondering what you could recommend for that as it is a bit uncomfortable. Still taking my antibiotics. I'm at work & feeling a bit weak but overall the worst is over.

• Posted

I'm so pleased to heat that hopefully the pain will go shortly, keep taking the antibiotics, maybe try putting something hot on it (obviously not to burn you lol) . If you finish the antibiotics and still feel a bit under the weather then just give your doctor a ring as you may need some more. I really am pleased you are feeling better. Good luck and take care 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.