I've had an unknown illness for 3 years, what is it?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Kind of a weird and long story, but one night I went to a movie theatre and ate a little too much, I got the normal gas/heartburn feeling but thought it would go away, after a while I felt like I was having a heart attack but it wasn't, it was gas rising along with a panic attack. I went to the doctor and she gave me pills for an infected throat, but for almost 3 years ever since I have had bloating in the upper stomach affecting my breathing, headaches, and heavy eyes along with sleeping all the time/feeling sleepy when I'm awake. I've been to 3 doctors who ran tests and just say I have anxiety/mental disorder which I know it's not. I was 13 when this happened and I'm now 16 so I just my life back at this point. If ANYONE out there has this or knows what this is please let me know.

Also I do have panic attacks because I'm scared whatever this is, is going to kill me, other then that my mental health is fine. I think it's some kind of gastro problem?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Aye i have that heavy eyes thing you have for a few days it hurts when i move them even a little.

Im 18 and for the past 2 weeks i have been excessivly burping and when i drinke water or eat i feel it going down like even a little to the left.

I also been worried about dying but i learned that a lot of people get bad symptoms from acid reflux, it might be that.

• Posted

suggest insistence on a referral to a Gastroenterologist - to ensure no digestive disorders
  • Posted

Hi

Belching is the act of expelling air from the stomach through the mouth. It usually occurs when the stomach distends, or expands because of too much swallowed air. Belching releases the air to reduce the distention.

If the distention was extreme, the distended stomach would exert pressure against the diaphragm. The diaphragm would contract, the air bloat would fill the void, and the diaphragm would be unable to relax into its usual resting space...perhaps this is causing sleeo apnea.

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Hello theresaward14,

Never understimate the ability of our bodies to heal themselves. That can happen if we just get out of the way and prevent ourselves from over reacting. Sometimes we have the tendency to panic and will try various doctors to help us. They are only human and can't work miracles, especially when we misrepresent what our symptoms are. If we  can calmly trace what we did to bring on the problem, then it is easy to solve. Sometimes doing nothing and not panicing is all we need to do. To emphasize one more time,our bodies can heal themselves if we just get out of the way. This makes sense, especially if you believe in God.

• Posted

Hi.

You are too young for IBS. Well few questions assuming your all test results are fine.

1. Did you kiss/ had sex with anyone that day or in the same week. ?

2 Does any of your family member has cancer ?

3. Do you drink more Pepsi coke like gaseous drink and less water?

If yes. Problem maybe simple but nothing harm to try solving it. My guess is Acid reflux.

Strictly follow diet with pro biotics and digestive enzymes. Avoid anything raw veggies and on fruits side eat only apple, banana, pomegranate and amla.try to avoid sugar. No dairy, nuts. 1 glass warm water for every 2.5 hrs in day time.

The reason is to avoid giving more load to damaged stomach.

Try this for 2-3 weeks.

I am trying this with herbs, seems helping out for past 1 week.

All the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.