I've had anexity for most of my life but has been really bad in past 1 month please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm 29 years old over weight have always had anexity all my life but not as bad as now as been through tuff times atm I'm scared as I'm having trouble breathing it's like a 24/7 problem even when just relaxing watching tv I have had a lot of tests done and all come back clear have not had smoke for past 3 weeks to scared oxygen is on 98 so that's normal but it just feel hard to breath as I can't take a deep breath get puffed out just walking around house on meds it's strange I can go go walk for 1 hour It won't be to bad but sometimes I'm home just standing and it's like I'm running can't take breath sort of breath I'm really scared can some please tell me if they have anything like this Ive never had this symptom before

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Can someone please help if they have had this or still do thanks
  • Posted

The out of breath is a common anxiety symptom, jim. If you will take an hour oor two to read through some other anxiety discussions, you willl find a lot of info. that will help a lot. Includng breathing techniques that will help a lot. The more you understand about anxiety, the better you will deal with it. I assume you are seeing a therapist?

Another thought, is that  you may have a thyroid disorder. That can also manifest with breath probelms.

I am dealing with both. It's a simple blood test and the results are back pretty quickly.

When you see your doctor about the thyroid test, talk to them about the breathing problem also....you mention that you are on meds...you may need a change there, also. Hope this helps, Honey.

• Posted

I forgot to say that I have the breathing problem with anxiety,and it did get worse until thyroid was checked and I was put on meds for it.
    • Posted

I've done blood test nearly all test would it show up ? Done lung scans nothing also I just don't know I just scared my throat will close or something but the out of breath a lot can't go out shopping centre get hot flush breathing gets even worse feels like I'm going to pass out

• Posted

Like its 24/7 even when doing nothing it's just hard to breath but feels like from just under chest area like top on stomach can't take s nice big breath it's everyday all day very worried been docs hospital all saying anexity but I've Never had this symptom before with the breathing which is cause the anxiety to become worse

• Posted

Thyroid problem would not show up unless your doctor ordered that test.

i often recommend reading through other anxiety discussions to educate and reassure yourself, and am surprised how few people do it.

Your symptoms are so common that we see them here hundreds of times a week. Knowledge is power and peace. I am trying to help you help yourself. That is what happened for me when I found this forum. i paid attention what I was reading and found that my chalenges were pretty much what everyone with anxiety is going through. The breathing thing is one of the most common to us, Jim. Do some homework, and start reading.biggrin

• Posted

Dearest Jim, I wish I had a dollar for every time someone posted that they thought they were dying. I'd be on my way to Palm Springs.

I don't mean to make light of something that seems so real to you, I just want you to realize how very common that thought is for people dealing with anxiety....especially before they learn techniques to get their lives back.

Like I said....do some homework. Your job is to learn about what you are dealing with!!! The discussions here are the place to do it, Honey

• Posted

Feels like I can't swallow like a ball is stuck in my throat is that normal then I panic thinking my throat will close up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.