I've had atril fib for 10 years and had a cardioversion 2 days ago. Question

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had the cardioversion 2 days ago and it worked.  Very surprised and pleased since I've been in chronic afib for 10 years.  I was also surprised because I think the shock cause me to leak stool.  Has this happened to anyone else?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. I've had 10 cardioversions and counting and I have never had this issue. Maybe the drugs they used to put you to sleep had a reaction with you. Causing this to happen.

• Posted

It sounds like this was the first? If so, why did they wait so long to do it? 

Are you a lady? Only reason I ask is, women feature much more than men on here, I dont know if it reflects actual figures, or if it's because ladies like to communicate more than men>?!

The pooing thing sounds rare. Maybe it was just a coincidence and you were also nervous?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.