I've had BV for a year and a half with no break. Please help or cry with me or something

Posted , 5 users are following.

I guess I should start out with saying that this isn't something anyone who isn't comfortable with your own anatomy or gets grossed out easily should read. 

This first started with an intimate encounter with one person two years ago. I went to a OBGYN immediately. Was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis no big deal right? I'll just take the antibiotics and be on my merry way. ERR wrong. The antibiotics have done nothing. Each time I take them. I've been to countless gyns, all who told me to make sure not to douche and wipe from front to back. Pretty sure I learned that in first grade. I've been tested for sti's and nothing. All the doctors have confirmed it's bv but when the antibiotics don't work, they just shrug or treat me like I'm sexually irresponsible or doing something wrong. I wear 100% cotton underwear, use unscented lotion, soap, and laundry detergent. I've researched this countless times I've read ALL the forums over and over a thousand times. I've spent probably over a thousand on things I thought would help including peroxide, yogurt, tumeric, S**TLOADS of probiotics, at least three different gels, suppositories, vitamin c tablets, boric acid, and so much more. And what's weird is that it doesn't be matter who I have sex with, it's always with condoms and it just gets worse! I wash right after sex and make sure to pee. I notice how everyone's symptoms vary, I'm very pleased to say that I don't have much itching or irritation unless it gets really bad, (always after a sexual encounter) but the smell is absolutely dreadful. Sometime soon I can smell it through my clothes or as soon as I take my pants off the smell smacks me in the face. And what's worse is I'm almost positive it's what's making me feel ill, neasuous, brain fog, I mean I can barely get up in the morning. AND I'm sure the bv is what's causing me to have countless yeasts infections and utis as well so I'm always wondering whether I should go to the doctor because I know it'll be a waste of time and money if it's just bv that I know cannot be treated. I take the antibiotics for the UTI, get a yeast infection from the antibiotics and bv isn't ALWAYS THERE. I've been on a million forums and I haven't been heard of anyone not having any affects with the antibiotics I mean it literally never helped. If anything it made things worse for me. It's so frustrating to go to the doctor countless times, be told the same things and do everything's as directed and yet for 2 years I've Been suffering and what breaks my heart is I'm not the only one. I've stayed up so many nights crying about this. I'm seriously considering leaving my boyfriend because he won't want to have sex with someone's who constantly has a vaginal infection. What make sure me even more angry is that's women have lowered they're standards to medication that covers up symptoms or helps us live with this disease. I'm outraged nobody has figured this out! Please, someone who knows more educate me. I'm 21 years old and terrified I'll be living with this forever. I need a hug guys. 

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I also struggle with BV... or what I think is BV. My ph came out to be 4.5 which I thought was normal but some websites say that 4.5 and above is a sign of BV. I also may have an external yeast infection. I've been dealing with both for 2 months. I can't imagine living with it for 2 years! But honestly at this point it seems like that's the way it might be going... I'm also outraged that no one can help us women with problems like these. Im also jealous of the ones who don't get infections and if they do medicine works for them right away. My bv smell comes and goes it's not always there but my vulval redness and irritation is there. Is sex supposed to not feel good while having bv?? I feel like I could almost live with it if sex were just enjoyable again. There's a probiotic I have researched and it seems to help a lot of women but sometimes apparently it can take months to work for some. I know it says you have had tons of probiotics but have you taken them consistently? Have they been refrigerated kind? Have you tried to vaginally insert them? Have you tried changing your diet at all? I'm taking fem dophilus every day twice a day for a week now and no improvement yet. I also started a clean diet. I will let anyone know how that works out and see if it changes anything. I really hope something works for you. And us women who struggle can find some if not complete relief from something out there! 

• Posted

Hi everyone,

I've arrived 4 years late to this chat, but I am in the exact same situation than you guys, it has been 3 years now and I am completely loosing it. I have lost the will of doing so many things ... if any of you still around and have any updates on anything PLEASE HELP! this got me depressed and anxious af .. hope evereyone is doing well, and hopefully someone answers....

I am only 26 and since I was 23 it has just been complete S***T .... sometimes i wonder why am I even alive if I have to put up with this silent suffering every single day.

Love x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.