I;ve had chronic abdominal pain for almost 5 months now

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a 23 year old female and have suffered with chronic abdominal pain for around 5 months ... I've had blood tests, an ultrascan and an endoscopy test and they have all come back normal ... The pain has spread through all my torso and into my back and neck and I suffer with bad headaches as well, I have also have vaginal bleeding now for about 4 months constant.

I've lost faith in my doctors now because they keep telling me to take omeprazole and colepramin and only paracetomol for pain relief, they said I'm not to take anything stronger as they don't want me masking the pain... some days I cant get out of bed and struggle to walk!! I dont know what to do about it and have no idea how to get this sorted ... any advice??

1 like, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Tayla...

    So hugely sorry to hear of your pain and suffering.  When they did an Endoscopy did they look in and round your full mid and lower sections?

    How flexible are you, eg: walking up flights of stairs?  I have a reason for asking and will explain why ....

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Why I asked is because, some women who have the misfortune of contracting Clamydia (spellg?) before being diagnosed and treated can run into problems both before treatment and after treatment.  The damage to the insides whilst treated and stopped, continues with Adhesions.  

      Adhesions can adhere and twist the insides so much and of course it can limit mobility and muscles can become rigid, locked up etc.  Terrible lower and mid back, legs aching and terrible pains.

      Your situation though with the bleeding would suggest it's something other than Clamydia.  Not saying it's a transmitted issue of course..  

      But any number of things.  Are you on a contraceptive?  Sometimes it can be to strong and issues can occur, the same if not suitable for you.  I remember bleeding for months on end heavily and then another product shut me down completely with no monthlys. 

      Abcesses, a cyst or polyps can cause drama's like this, even fibroids.  All treatable...or even a small type growth, again treatable..

      It maybe a case (as was with myself) that they may have to look more closely....

      All the very very best going forward and I do hope you get to nail it and have normality back in your life!  xxo


      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hello thank you for your reply ... I have been tested for everything transmitted and am all clear ... I have an issue with cysts on my ovaries so it could be that ... I have now been refered to the surgeons 

      Thank you again for your replies 

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi tayla96283

    I think you should ask your gp to refer you to a gynaecologist as vaginal bleeding for four months is not normal......make an appointment asap...Under the Patients Charter for England and Wales you are entitled to a second opinion...you have had a second opinion regarding abdominal pain...now you need second opinion on prolonged vaginal bleeding.....best wishes for a speedy diagnosis...don't be put off by the gp insist it's your right!!...

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi, not sure if this was posted twice!!!  can I advise a ct scan of the abdomin and pelvis areas.  This will be with Contrast. This will find the problem or hopfully not find any probs.  This of course requires you to tell your doctor you want to see a Consultant, after 5 months of pain I really fail to see why he/she has not refered you already. Its a very simple and very quick method of seeing all your organs etc. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up