I've had constant stomach ache for years- fed up

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice really.

I've had stomach ache (24/7/365) since I was 4. I had bad colic when I was little then I got stomach ache. Since then it has just been something I have lived with but in the last few years it has got so severe. I had glandular fever when I was 15 for 8 months quite badly. It was about a year before that when my stomach aches really started to flare up to ALL day EVERY day. I then got glandular fever and that seemed to really aggravate it. That was 4 years ago (I'm 19). Anyway, the pain is so bad. It's not necessarily bloating but it's severe cramping and spasming, twisting, knotting and any other pain you can describe that is linked to 'stomach ache'. Although I always have the pain, it is always worse after I eat or drink anything. I can spend at least half an hour on the toilet just for eating a cracker. I cut out gluten for 2 1/2 years which seemed to help at the start but after a while it went back to normal. I kept on the gluten free diet as it meant I still had restrictions on what I could eat so I didn't eat as much. This resulted in me going from 94kg to 60kg in the space of about 3 months (give or take). Anyway, the only way I have been able to deal with the pain is to use a hot water bottle. I used to use it every night only, but during and after I had GF I used it a lot more. I think the heat relaxes the muscles. The pain doesn't go away, it just eases it so I don't have to spend any more of my life on the toilet. My normal 'no stomach ache' rating is about 7/10. This is constant. When I eat/drink, it goes up to 8 sometimes 9. I've been taken to hospital 6-7 times in the last year and a half due to my pain being so severe. I've been on the toilet screaming in agony because it feels like my stomach is imploding (all above symptoms plus more). Morphine seems to ease it but the pain never really goes away. I've seen loads of doctors who have all said 'IBS' but in my opinion, it's cr*p. I've had an Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, too many ultrasounds to count, numerous blood tests. All of them were normal. In November 2014 I was taken to hospital with a severe sharp pain in my lower right side. It was suspected appendicitis but they didn't do any surgery or anything as the ultrasound didn't show anything 'abnormal'. I was never told the actual results as I don't think they even knew themselves. I was told it was a suspected Ovarian Cyst but wtith no real reasoning behind it. Anyway, this last year has been really bad. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

CONTINUED...

Anyway, this year has been really bad. I've hardly been able to move off the sofa because it hurts too much to stand up. I've been using a hot water bottle (HWB) to ease the pain but having used it for 3 years now 24/7 I've got really bad burn marks on my stomach (Erythema ab Igne). The burns are like chunky spider webs all over my stomach. Sometimes when my stomach is particulalry horrendous (but not yet hospital stage!!) the over use of the HWB means the burnt skin will split and bleed small amounts. It's been weeping a bit as well recently. But the only thing my doctor has suggested is to 'stop using the HWB!' This isn't feasible as if I didn't dumb the pain down just that tiny little bit I would spend my life in agony in hospital. I need advise!! 

• Posted

After 3 years of undiagnosed stomach, side and back pain, I survive only with the help of my TENS unit.  It is a Godsend!  Try it!  I used to used a heating pad myself but the TENS unit works much better.
  • Posted

hello, I am also suffering from the same thing as last year. And now I feel like suiciding. I can't take it anymore.

Can you share me your email address where we can connect. Please

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.