I’ve had diarrhea everyday for longer than 5 weeks, what’s wrong?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had diarrhea every day since the end of November and nothing is working. I have tried everything you can think of. I’m not kidding. This constant diarrhea has definitely lasted longer than 4 weeks and now going on week 6. I’m starting to think I have chronic diarrhea rather that just acute diarrhea. I have severe ibs so this is making my symptoms worse. And it’s getting to the point that this is unbearable and uncomfortable. I’m going to doctors at the end of January, so we can see what’s wrong and why I have had this for this long. Even water makes my diarrhea worse. No meds or anything works and the diarrhea just keeps coming and I’m so tired and weak. So I’m like either dehydrated or have even worse diarrhea. So what do you guys think? I also can’t digest foods now anymore. I see it in my stools and sometimes I see black in my stool. And after the 3rd of week this diarrhea I saw some blood in my stool. I don’t notice blood at the moment but it’s still concerning. This isn’t normal at all right?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello makenna

I don't know where you live in the world but your symptoms are classed as a medical emergency.

Checked "Google" for what you said about your health and blood in a stool or diarrhea should be seen to immediately

and as you are light headed don't wait.

Where i am it is 00.30 hours mon 31st i would go straight to A&E.

John

• Posted

Sounds like a severe IBS flare up which can last longer when you are anxious or stressed or have eaten a food that triggers your IBS This sounds normal when you are having a very bad attack of IBS. Try a food diary to see what foods you are not digesting well and avoid them. Try Low Fodmap. Have you tried foods like rice or bananas which help to firm up your stools and have you tried Imodium? IBS can last for days, weeks or months. Try to stay as calm as possible. Your doctor may be able to give a different medication to control the diarrhoea.

• Posted

Get your doctor's appointment altered tomorrow, you need to for your own sanity.

• Posted

Hi Makenna, ask to see your doctor urgently

This now can't wait, you'll end up malnourished. I hope you discover what's wrong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.