I've had diarrhea for more than 1 week

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 17 years old.

I started feeling sick in friday of last week after lunch. There was a sharp pain in my stomach area and I thought at first it was because of lactose intolerance (i accidentally ate something with cheese but it wouldn't normally cause me that much pain).

I went to the bathroom the next day and my stool was very liquid. Then I didn't eat anything with lactose for the rest of the days and I didn't go to the bathroom until wednesday, and I noticed I still had diarrhoea.

I don't have any pain for the most part, it's mostly when I have the urge to go and it can wake me up during the night, and I don't have any bleeding or fever.

Could it be an infection? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do you have a history of this sort of thing? If not, it might just be a one off thing....perhaps due to something you ate. You might want to have a blood test done to test for infection...but you probably would have had fever if that were the reason. The fact that the pain stopped is a good sign. Keep an eye on the situation. If it persists, visit your doctor. Try to remember if you ate any other trigger foods. Maybe something spicy.
  • Posted

Try Imodium to stop the diarrhoea.   Eat blandly and avoid fruit and anything else that is high fibre. Maybe you ate something that disagreed with you or you have had a bug.  If nothing changes after Imodiumand avoiding fruit, see your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.