I've had diohrrea for five years

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had constant diohrrea every day for five years. About 3-4 bowel movements per day. The faeces are the consistency of dry peanut butter and glistening. Normal colour.

No pain, though I do have a bloated stomach.

Went through four or five different doctors, none knew what it was. Five blood samples, severl stool samples, an endoscopy and colonoscopy. Nothing.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It sounds like you need to change your diet. Try to get the flora of your stomach back together. First do this happen when you eat or it doesn't matter? Drink regular liipton tea bag 3 times a day hot or cold , it doesn't matter. This will help with the diarrhea. Ice tea instead of juices. Limit your Sugar intake and stay away from foods that are high in fiber for about 2 weeks, especially wheat and oats. Use non dairy milk. Buy some probiotics to use also. Let me know at the end of two weeks how many bowel movements you had each day. Keep a diary of the things you eat and your trips to the toilet. Cook with garlic . You will see a difference.

• Posted

It's funny you say limit your sugar intake and then you suggest Ice tea?? You're talking about a drink of which 20% of it is pure sugar.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.