I've had enough ! Time for Mona Lisa ! Side effects???

Posted , 9 users are following.

I scheduled an appt with a new Obgyn office to discuss the mona Lisa touch. It is $1800 for three treatments. I think it is new to their office. So that worries me but not as much as having this pain rule my life. I am worried about after treatment side effects too. Seems like a laser could burn you and I've had plenty of burning. Let me know if you had problems after treatment. I trust you all more than I trust the doctors to tell me the truth. 

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The procedure itself is painless. After the first, I came home and laid down with an ice pack. Lots of AquaPhor really helped as well as Vagisil for the itching. Felt fine after a few hours. I went shopping after the 2nd and 3rd treatment!
    • Posted

That sounds great !!! Sounds like it went well for you .  Has it helped and given you relief?

Aquaphor? Would that help with burning now before treatment?

• Posted

Dr gave a sample tube to use after each procedure. It protects the tender areas where she used the laser on the outside tissue and acts as a protective barrier while the skin heals. The Mona Lisa is the best!!!
    • Posted

Hi Peg. You said the Mona Lisa is the best. Does that mean that you are able to have pain free sex now and it has stretched your vagina so it was like it was before VA??
    • Posted

I would like to know the answer to this, too.  Is it worth having the Mona Lisa?  Can you have normal painfree intercourse
  • Posted

Hi, I would recommend going to an office that has performed this procedure many times. I made the mistake of having my first procedure (called a different name) with an office where if was very new. the procedure instelf  was very painful. I then went to a different office that has performed the ML over a hundred times. And I had no pain! Their process was finely tuned, numbing cream 20 minutes prior to procedure. I have my third in 6 weeks. I do feel better overall so think I'm on the right track. I can't really say at this point if ML works but I'm optimistic. I would really caution women to not go to an office that does not have experience.

• Posted

Thank you Jean

what were your issues (symptoms) before ML.  Do you have Atrophic Vaginitis?

thank you!

wendy

• Posted

there are only two doctors in Indianapolis doing the procedure right now. Either way I am going to make another appt just to have them follow me on the meds and give them more time. If I can keep going like this. I had a meltdown today just so frustrated
  • Posted

Question is does is work?  I need to know if I can have painfree intercourse before I spend the money for the Mona Lisa
  • Posted

Question is does is work?  I need to know if I can have painfree intercourse before I spend the money for the Mona Lisa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.