I've had EXTREME nausea without vomiting for 2 months. What could cause this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

In November 2017 I got my first Depo Provera shot (I used to regularly be on this for 2 years) to help with the pain of endometriosis. It's now January 27, 2018. Ever since December I have had extreme nausea with no vomiting. It makes it so hard to do anything. I also have a hard time catching my breath sometimes. The first week of December 2017 I had strep throat, the week after I had food poisoning, then I was fine the week after, and then ever since I have had this feeling. I haven't changed anything in my diet but it also seems that I am lactose intolerant. Any time I look at food or think about food I feel so sick to my stomach. The only thing that seems to help is peppermint oil and fresh air. I don't normally exercise but I try to eat healthy and watch my portion control. But ever since december it has been completely different. Does anyone have any explanation or idea of what could be happening? 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Also to add some info that I left out, I haven't been constipated (except when I take Zofran to help with the nausea) and I haven't had headaches or any other symptoms. I have been asked plenty of times if I'm pregnant and my answer is thy I'm on the depo shot, and I already took 2 tests that were negative. I am 20 years old and have never had any problem like this before. 

• Posted

How are you feeling now? Do you still feel the same?
    • Posted

I still feel nauseous. I feel like I have almost no energy. And I still have a really hard time eating anything
  • Posted

Maybe the depo injection could be the cause.  Ask your doctor for a different medication for the endometriosis.  Maybe a strong painkiller would be better.
    • Posted

It possibly could be. I'm due for my next shot right now. My problem is, is that I have been on the shot before and NEVER had symptoms like this. What's also strange is that I didn't start feeling nauseous like this until a month after I got the shot. 

• Posted

If you have been off depo for while, maybe your body is having to get used to it again and is struggling.  Hormonal drugs can cause the symptoms you describe.
  • Posted

It may be due to you having food poisoning. After the stomach is hit with a virus it takes a long time to heal. Your stomach is prob very sensitive now and hence making you feel sick. Try some ginger for the nausea and some probiotics to help heal your gut. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.